Monday, January 28, 2013

Our Day 12.15.12 - The Reception

And as the celebration continues, we head into our wedding reception...

The bridal party entered dancing into - Maroon 5 - Moves like Jagger (because you know Adam had to make some kind of appearance). After our entrance, B and I went straight into our first dance - You Are The Best Thing - Ray LaMontagne.

Tables - With our wedding being just 10 days before Christmas, we wanted to run with a festive, holiday theme without going overboard. In the center of each table sat a bark slab and a mini Christmas tree with votive candles surrounding the slabs. Originally I had planned on using a solid napkin, but B's momma mentioned mismatch holiday napkins instead. I found these seasonal plaid a few days later and thought they completely brought the look full circle.

Signs - Throughout the plantation we had chalkboard signs including our drink and food menus. 
My dad even cut out and put together an awesome directional signage which includes arrows pointing towards the I Do's, Supper, Boozin' & Booty Shakin', and even included the direction and distance of various Marine Corps bases.

Cigar Bar - Across the pond sat a dock under a large oak tree. When my dad and I first took a tour of the venue, we figured it would be the perfect stop for a cigar bar.
...and it was! Hands down the biggest hit of the party.

Cake - I fought tooth and nail over this aspect of the wedding. I was not planning on having a cake, but my mom was persistant. So much so in fact that she made my dream cake I pinned on Pinterest months ago. (And yes those are chocolate - handmade pine cones on top!)

We partied the whole night...
...and before we knew it, the night was over!
...So in true, lowcountry fashion we waved goodbye on tailgate of a truck.

Thanks for joining us! We had a blast! 

[Photos all taken by - Shea Tighe Photography]

PS. If you would like to see more photos of our wedding details check out Jillography. She captured some great shots of our details especially of our bar area!

9 comments:

  1. So gorgeous! I absolutely love the sparklers during y'all's exit! So romantic! :)
    -Kourtney

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous!!! Beautiful pictures of a beautiful wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures! It looks like you had an amazingly happy day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pictures are so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Spectacular! Great job on the cake!! I love all the signs too. Love it all you.
    My friend had a cigar bar at her wedding. It was the first and only time I have seen that.
    Nice touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful reception! Oh my stars, I bet it was an absolutely perfect night!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like the perfect, perfect day! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the details! The "Marry and Bright" theme is so sweet and you pulled it off so well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything looks so amazing!!! I llooovvee it all:O) Wish we could have been there. love you my sweet southern belle!

    ReplyDelete