Friday, January 25, 2013

Our Day 12.15.12 - The Ceremony

Hey y'all our wedding photos have come in and I would love to share them all with you. There are about a million photos, and while I want to post them all, I'll try to keep myself under control. 
So - 
Here is the official ticket to our ceremony.

Our Venue - Old WideAwake Plantation

Getting Ready - B and I stayed together the night before our wedding and our entire bridal party got ready together beforehand. I am not a very superstitious person and while B and I were already technically married, I loved having us getting ready, chatting and eating lunch, and having an afternoon together.
Once I put on my dress and veil however, B was off limits until I walked down the aisle.
For most of our decor, I wanted to go with elements inspired by nature. Pine cones were found all throughout our ceremony and reception including my bouquet and our boutonnieres.
The fellas - Paisley ties worn by the groomsmen not in uniform, paired nicely with the green shades we used throughout the entire wedding.
 The Ladies - All carried a large bouquet of  Baby's Breath and wore long dresses in Chive from SugarBits.

The Group Shot - We planned a wedding party + parents group shot before the wedding. Jim Beam Bourbon for the men and Wedding Cake Pearl Vodka for the ladies.
(B was blindfolded with my shirt)

The Ceremony - I had baby's breath pouring out of large tin pails down the aisle with the pond and Spanish Moss as our backdrop.

Ceremony Seating - Home: Phillip Phillips and I Will Wait: Mumford & Sons
Groom and Groomsmen Entrance - Smells Like Teen Spirit: Nirvana played by the Vitamin String Quartet
Bridesmaid's Processional - A Thousand Years: Christina Perri played by the VSQ
Bride's Processional - The Gloaming: Jonae
Recessional - Home: Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros
Ready to partyyyyyy? The reception is up next on the blog!

[All photos were taken by Shea Michael Tighe Photography]

23 comments:

  1. I LOVE the pinecones! And your dress is just lovely. Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the most gorgeous dress, Jordan - It looks like it was made to fit you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just wondering this morning when your pictures would come in. Absolutely lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love!!! Who was your photographer again?

    ReplyDelete
  5. goosebumps!! So beautiful. Cannot wait to see more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a perfect, perfect day. You looked STUNNING!! Congrats (again), friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!!!!! Everything is fabulous! I love the pine cone bouquet! But my favorite picture is the one with the beagle!! YOu look gorgeous and your man handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously one of the most beautiful, elegant ceremonies I've ever seen. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. your dress is beautiful! can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love love love! Everything is so beautiful and fabulous! I love all the southern touches.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always tease my husband and tell him I married him because of the dress blues ;)! Your pictures are so beautiful!! Love the one with the doggie :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow - these are beautiful! What a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats, that's amazing moment with beauty wedding dress

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely beautiful. You can just see the love sparkling from those photos. Who knew you could make a beautiful bouquet out of pinecones? So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this so much! You already know that though :) Brought back good memories for me when you talked about spending the night before your wedding together. So happy for you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the pinecones and everything really!! Especially your dress - you look stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous photos! I love your dress, and the venue is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful photos, you both look stunning! Your dress is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your pine cone bouquet is absolutely amazing! Ever little detail is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So beautiful.

    Your dress is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Most perfect wedding ever! You looked gorgeous, and your dress it to die for amazing!!! The lacey, open back is so pretty. And I love the baby's breath and pinecone bouquets! Such a beautiful ceremony.

    PS- I love your bridesmaid dresses, too -- I used the same shade of green for mine!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I keep listening to the news broadcast talk about receiving free online grant applications so I have been looking around for the most excellent site to get one. Could you tell me please, where could i find some?
    new york wedding location

    ReplyDelete