Monday, January 14, 2013

An African Safari

I have a few must do items on my bucket list for our time in California. The San Diego Zoo is one of those activities for the bucket list, B however isn't a fan of zoos in the slightest. We found the San Diego Safari Park instead and because a safari generally meas the animals live in a more natural habitat, B obliged. Of all the animal parks I've visited, these were the happiest and most natural I've even seen.
Some of our best friends from our last duty station, Quantico joined us for the day too! You know those people that totally bring out the goofy in you and make you laugh the entire time you are with them? That's them for us and I'm so happy to have them out here with us!
Y'all I'm still in total shock and awe every time I see a cactus. They. are. awesome!

9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful place! I'll have to add it to my list for if we make it out to San Diego. Shaun and I have been talking a lot about trying to get transferred out to California next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love the safari park! GREAT shots! Looks like you guys are having an awesome time out here so far! I'm excited to hear about your bucket list of things! It has finally hit me that we only have about 16 months left out here to do things and so crunch time is here and we're planning all the things we've wanted to do but didn't get around to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never done the Safari, though the San Diego Zoo is one of the best I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will go to the San Diego Zoo with you! I have been here five months already and still haven't gone to the zoo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, it's changed so much since we moved from there is 2010! Also, it was called the Wild Animal Park then. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Went there years ago and loved it!

    ReplyDelete