Thursday, December 13, 2012

antlers

I am so excited about a little craft I made last weekend! Growing up in a hunting family, I can't begin to count the number of deer heads we have mounted on the walls in my parents house. And ironically I sit here munching on a venison snack stick (so yummy!) as I am blogging this. A while back, I saw these beautiful antlers on Pinterest and knew they would be just what I needed for above my bed.
They are the perfect combination of tomboy ruggedness and girly flair for my taste.
 I took a pair of antlers from our family collection in the garage, purchased a few stems of flowers from the Dollar Store, and took a hot glue gun to them.
Take a look at the final product...
I absolutely love how they turned out! I selected these antlers because of their imperfections. If you look close a few of the antlers have been broken off from this particular buck fighting. It adds a little character, don't'cha think? I can't wait to put it above our bed when we get out to California.
I think I'll even incorporate them into the wedding this weekend...THIS WEEKEND!!!! EEEEKKKKK! Adios my friends, I'm headed down to Charleston this morning!

14 comments:

  1. That is so creative! I love it!

    Have an absolutely fantastic weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make me one, k? Have fun this weekend bride! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is amazing! i was a bit skeptical on the antler thing. but it looks so pretty with the flowers on it! such a good idea! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beyond precious!! I would just love these in my home!!

    Have a wonderful weekend--you are going to be a GORGEOUS Bride!! can't wait to see all of the beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm SO excited for you all and can't wait to see lots and lots of pictures! Have the BEST weekend EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are so cute and I'm soo excited for you! Maybe I'll see you around Charleston ;)

    -kelly
    sweettea-lemonade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those antlers are so cute and have an amazing wedding day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you blog is adorable, and so are you! :)

    -Emma
    chasingtexas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations for this weekend! I absolutely love that antler craft. I have a few antlers around my house and love them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this! I have some antlers hanging around my house, but none look pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! And OHMYGOSH it's this weekend!! I know it will be beautiful and just what you want. Remember to let yourself relax and enjoy it all :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thinking about you today! I hope you had the most incredible wedding day surrounded by love.

    Congrats! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like this! I acquired quite a few pairs when my grandparents moved a few months ago and have had no clue how to use them in a girly way. This is perfect, thanks for sharing! (And congratulations!)

    ReplyDelete