Wednesday, November 21, 2012

thankful

[photo]

Tis the season. Tis always the season to be thankful...

1. I am thankful for God's endless mercy and love.
2. I am thankful for all those who serve this country to keep us safe and protect our freedoms.
3. I am thankful for the United States Marine Corps for the friendships, paycheck, and life they provide for my husband and I.
4. I am thankful for my husband that does everything in the world to make me happy.
5. I am thankful for my close-knit family and having cousins that are really just extended siblings.
6. I am thankful for the delicious Thanksgiving dinner my Mimi makes every year.
7. I am thankful for my friends who are undeniably supportive, loving, and always up for a good time.
8. I am thankful for spontaneous adventures!  
9. I am thankful to call the south my home
10. I am thankful for my health and the health of my loved ones. 
11. I am thankful to live in this country. (Igor still says it best -- this man is so inspiring)
12. I am thankful for the families who have opened their homes up to us during mine and B's period of transition.
13. I am thankful for the beach and that in just under two months we will be once again be living by it.
14. I am thankful for sports and the entertainment they always provide. Especially thankful for football season.
15. I am thankful for spikes and studs on shoes, jackets and jewelry. 
16. I am thankful for that spot on B's chest that was made just for my head to lay on.
17. I am thankful for my Kitchen Aid mixer and all the goodies that come from it.  
18. I am thankful for advances in technology and social media. It makes communication so much easier when you're apart from loved ones.
19. I am thankful for movie nights, cozy covers, and popcorn.
20. I am thankful for wine.
21. I am thankful for music.
22. I am thankful for planners and to-do lists, keeps an organizational freak like me sane.
23. I am thankful for cheery Christmas decorations and holiday movies.
24. I am thankful for this blog and the connections and opportunities it has brought to me.
25. I am thankful for being able to spend the holiday with my loud and loving family this week. Totally worth the traffic! 

Your turn! What are you especially thankful this weekend?

1 comment:

  1. I miss being with your family for Thanksgiving AND Christmas. I miss your mom napping after dinner and Troi who always brought my favorite (asparagus) blanched quite nicely. I miss meeting Ben and know God has brought you an amazing man. I miss seeing Tyla and her new family. I miss Kara and Lee and the girls who are growing so quickly (but thanks to your Blog I can see them grow). I miss hearing of your brothers hunting expeditions and your grandparents who always make me laugh. Happy Thanksgiving and send our love down South this season. Love you. Darcie Remsberg

    ReplyDelete