Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Marine Corps Birthday/Husband Day

Last Saturday was the Marine Corps Birthday, and with my husband being a Marine I decided to turn it into a day for all things I knew he would want to do. We started off the day with a run. Next we headed to the Marine Corps Museum...which I had never seen more busy. We've been to the museum many times before, but with it being the holiday, we had the opportunity to meet Marines from throughout time. Listening to them reflect with nostalgia on their years in the Corps was moving and being in their presence was such an honor. Afterwards we stopped for lunch and a few beers at a hole in the wall German restaurant, and ended the evening going to see newest James Bond movie, Skyfall. My hubby is so much fun to date!
[Sunglasses: Ray Bans, Necklace: Charming Charlie, Shirt: Old Navy, Sweater: H&M, Jeans: American Eagle, Socks: H&M, Boots: MIA]

...And for all that fear tutting around town, my favorite riding boots were a necessity. 

5 comments:

  1. Aww, I love date days with my hubby, too! Sounds like y'all had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love dating my husband! He is a former Marine, yay to you being married to a Marine, it can be tough sometimes! Oorah! (Had to do it... We live in an Army town and all we hear is Hooah, lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect fall outfit, love the boot socks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun and special day for the two of you! And oh my gosh if you dont stop torturing me with adorable H&M sweaters I am going to die! Whyyyy isn't there one in Charlotte yet and hellooo it's 2012- let me shop online! haha :)

    ReplyDelete