Monday, November 19, 2012

Let's Celebrate!

I'm still recovering y'all. 
This past Saturday was my celebration weekend in Charlotte. I battled with the whole bachelorette party for a while because I'm technically already married, we're planning a move, I've never been a fan of public attention [like singing happy birthday to me at a restaurant puts me into an anxiety meltdown], and I wanted something low key. So in efforts to not make anything too bridal, my college girls combined celebrations and called it my "Bachelorette, Birthday, Going Away Party!" 

We started the afternoon with manicure, pedicures, and champagne.
..then moved to a hotel party with  a Hot Mess Barbie cake, Bourbon (a staple for a party), wine Jell-O shooters...
.... champagne...
 ...and sexy presents...
...for my man.
Later that night, we hit the town!
The weekend was everything I wanted...good friends, good booze, and a good time! I try not to think about it too much, but sometimes I wonder how I am going to be able to leave these people, my family, and the south in the next month, especially after having weekends like these.
*Thank you my sweet friends! I love you all so very much.

6 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! Love the hot mess Barbie cake. Any chance you girls went to BlackFinn? Seems like that's the place for bachelorette parties these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun celebration! So glad you all had a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I didn't have a real "bachelorette party." I had a personal shower and then a girls night out on a separate evening. Of course, SoldierMan didn't have a typical "bachelor's party" either. He and his friends went to dinner and a movie. We're just as exciting now as the day we got married :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun! Looks like the perfect way to celebrate :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday! I'm a November baby, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha! that cake is hilarious! have fun in cali for...im missing it so bad

    ReplyDelete