Tuesday, November 27, 2012

24

Most birthdays, another year older doesn't really feel like another year older, but 24 did. Maybe it's because we have so many changes coming up in the next few weeks, but this year felt different. Good, exciting different!
After a half day at work, Lovey took me to pick out a shiny, new laptop for myself! I've been hogging his since August so I'm not sure if the present was for me or him.
 That evening B's aunt and uncle took us all out to dinner at Mikes American Grill. I have been wanting to try this restaurant since I moved to the area. Mikes American Grille is owned by the same people who own Coastal Flats and I have yet to be disappointed.
From the moment we walked in, we were immediately drawn to the vibe, so we stopped at the bar for a drink before we sat down for dinner. Their Cosmopolitan and Mango Martini's were such a delicious treat! 
For dinner everyone ordered a steak, their specialty. 
I wanted the best of both worlds, so I opted for a 5oz filet and a crabcake.
...seriously it's 10am and I am already drooling for seconds.
Everything about this place was on point, they even had the entire place decorated for Christmas, it was magical! Such a perfect way to spend my 24th!
Off to learn Windows 8 and get get my iTunes set up. Wish me luck!

8 comments:

  1. That dinner looks amazing! Happy belated 24th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live two streets away from there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! Yay for a new laptop! And I'm drooling now too; the steak and crab cake look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy happy birthday! That mango martini looks delish!

    -kelly
    sweettea-lemonade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had such a fun birthday!! That mango martini looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw it sounds like you had such a special day! Happy late Birthday!

    ReplyDelete