Friday, October 12, 2012

wedding invitations

I must share with you all our fabulous wedding invites!!!
You all know how much I adore stationary, so don't be surprised if my invitations are the fanciest part of our wedding. My wedding coordinator introduced me into the incredibly talented Illiah from Two Twenty Two Design who designed our invitations, reply cards, thank you cards, and favor tags. 
The session began with an questionaire and skype meeting to learn a little more about our vision. Along with designing then entire invitations, Illiah created a custom monogram for us and tied in our wedding theme "Marry & Bright" (more on that later) into it as well. I almost fell to the floor when I saw the invitations. 
They are everything I could have dreamed of. She incorporated so many elements of our day whether it was the woodsy greens, to the Charlestonian pineapple, and even a little touch of rustic with the burlap ribbon. 
B and I both have large families and many wonderful friends, but unfortunately have a strict number of guests we can have at the wedding, so to put our own minds at ease with unexpected attendees, we prefilled out the number of maximum guests allowed to all parties, obviously taking into consideration the family size. It's not the most traditional idea, but so helpful in terms of our budgeting. We're also a big dancing family, so we  want to know what will get people on the dance floor. Plus, it makes creating the playlist a little easier!

Our first wave of invites went out the other day! 

PS. I know I've gotten a few questions in the past, so for those of you curious about our registry, you can check it out here

12 comments:

  1. I am beyond obsessed with these!! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! They are so beautiful Jordan. I love them. And I'm obsessed with some your ideas! love the "promise to dance if you play"...and having a " a no reply will count as a regretfully decline" soooo smart! ugh.. those darn people who don't respond...grinds my gears...anywho... Amazing design, so classy and simple but yet oh so sophisticated! thanks for sharing :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jordan, these are stunning!! so happy for you all! Happy planning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beauuutiful, and so original. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so great! I know your wedding will be absolutely beautiful. Can't wait to see pictures and love that I get to share in your journey through your blog. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just checked out your & Ben's wedding website - super cute! I am so excited for your families :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS - I wish I had written, "No reply will count as a regretfully decline" on our formal wedding invitations... so smart. merp.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous invitations, and I LOVE the theme! I can't wait to see how it all turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The different wedding invitation design shared was beautiful. Even the engaged people can design their wedding invitation on own. It depends upon the wedding couples needs and requirement. To find the wedding invitation vendors and ordering the invitation, the engaged may use the wedding app and wedding planning site.

    ReplyDelete