Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Pumpkin Day!

I am finally back in DC and just in time to see all the beautiful fall colors unfold along the highways.
B's had such busy weekends lately, that this seemed to be the only possible day we could squeeze in Pumpkin Day. The morning started out with a trip to Starbucks for Pumpkin Spiced Latte's and mini Pumpkin Scones. Afterwards, we scooped up my cousins and headed out to one of the largest fall festivals in the state at Cox Farms
We went on a hayride through the woods and got lost in a "haunted" cornmaze where I found my cartoon love Peter Pan (that is probably considered illegal now, I should have stopped staying that when I turned 18) and my cartoon girl crush Tinkerbell. 
Of course, I needed to stop by all the farm animals so I could love on them. My favorite little baby goat snacked on my sweater and then went after my scarf.
Before we headed out, we all picked out little pumpkins and apple cider to take home. For my youngest cousin, it was a bit of a tedious process. She obviously had to select the perfect pumpkin...not to small, not to big either, not too long of a stem, not too spiky of a stem, not too many spots or too dirty...you get the idea right? High maintenance diva.
After we dropped off the girls, B took me to one of my favorite little spots in Northern Virginia which turns into a Halloweentown during the fall. We stopped in for a quick beer tasting and afterwards shared a drink outside on the porch. Such a little piece of heaven.
It's always so special to spend an entire day dedicated to fall fun so you are able to truly indulge in such  a magical season. This state, in particular, is such a delightful treat during these months.  

9 comments:

  1. aw your dinner date looks like the perfect romantic fall evening! Glad to see you had a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect weekend! I went home to VA last week for the first time since the summer, and it was SO nice! It smelt like fall, and the weather was perfectly crisp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great weekend to me! Especially with that glass of wine, your cute outfit, and that baby goat! Eeeek!

    xo,
    oolalalauren.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE pumpkin days! {And may or may not have made every day a form of "pumpkin day" since October 1st :)}

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always have the best pictures! I love those colors your wearing. Glad to see you're both getting a bit of down time to explore while you're there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This really looked like the PERFECT day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i miss those days of taking the sons out to these kinds of places
    brett

    ReplyDelete
  8. My post on Sunday was almost exactly the same! I heart Fall and you look so cute!

    ReplyDelete