Friday, October 05, 2012

burgushi

Red meat sushi. 
Ever had it? Ever heard of it?
One of the most popular restaurants in Charlotte, The Cowfish Sushi Burger Bar, has just that, red meat sushi, and I have been anxious to give it a try.
The other evening I met some friends from my last job (miss that company!) at Cowfish for dinner. We immediately started off with a bottle of wine and the Crab Rangoon Dip...DIP! Genius! And it was so delicious, a must order. 
For the main course, we shared burgushi...you must read the description from the website to appreciate it.

The Taste Explosion Roll 
"Seasoned Natural Angus ground beef, applewood smoked bacon, fresh jalapeons and a spicy cream sauce inside of a sushi roll coated with tempura flakes. Each piece is topped with a marinated Roma tomato and pepperjack cheese, then baked to perfection. Drizzled with cashew cilantro pesto to finish."

[and]

The Doug's Filet Roll
"Philly Roll topped with thin slices of seared filet mignon, spicy sauce, scallions, and masago"
[Left: Taste Explosion, Right: Doug's Filet]
The Doug's Filet was hands down my favorite, but they were both fantastic. I am confident the rest of the menu is just as delicious. Each time we ordered something, in my head I couldn't grasp it actually tasting good, but each time I took a bite, I was pleasantly surprised. I've been in Charlotte most of my life, and gone to so many restaurants, but this creative concept has me absolutely giddy.
You MUST try this place if you're ever in town!

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE Cowfish!! I don't eat red meat so I haven't tried the "burgushi" but my husband absolutely drools over it {especially their bento boxes that come with a sushi roll and a mini cheeseburger on the side!}. Everything non-red-meat that I've ever ordered at Cowfish has been delicious and we eat there whenever we can! We're big fans of the crab rangoon dip, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even eat red meat and that sounds awesome! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm cowfish is an all-time favorite of mine! i have NEVER been disappointed in a meal there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going there this weekend!! Yay! I'm definitely trying it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cowfish was always a place I wanted to try and never did :( What are you back in Charlotte for?

    ReplyDelete
  6. COWFISH. Our fave Charlotte restaurant. Wish I could meet you for a lunch date there!

    ReplyDelete