Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Are you ready for some Salsaaaaaa?

I absolutely love football season. Coming from a state that has one of the biggest college rivalries on the east coast ...The South Carolina Gamecocks and The Clemson Tigers...GO COCKS!, you either learn to hang or get left out. During this time of year, from Saturday to Monday our TV is constantly turned into ESPN and Fox Sports. Naturally, whenever you're watching football, you need nourishment to adequately cheer on your boys, and this Cowboy Salsa is one for the winning team.  
What you will need:
(feeds a party)
4 avocados 
2 Roma tomatoes 
2 cans of black beans
2 limes 
1 can of corn
1 1/2 cup of salsa 
1/4 cup chopped green onions or 3 green onions
1 bunch of Cilantro 
Drain and rinse the black beans. Drain the can of corn and place both into a large mixing bowl. 
Next, prep the avocados  tomatoes, cilantro, and onions. The great thing about this recipe is that you can add more of less of what you like best. For me, I could possibly live off of avocados, so they are were the star of this salsa.
Next, dump all of the chopped ingidents into the mixing bowl with the beans and corn.
Add 1 1/2 cup of your favorite kind of salsa, I used Tostitos hot. I wanted the salsa to have a little kick. And the heat of the salsa compliments nicely with the avocado. Add the lime juice from both of your limes to the mix.
Gently stir everything together with a spatula until all ingredients are coated with the salsa. 
Serve with chips (I drool over Tostitos Lime) and beer (Labatt Blue Light is my new, to me, favorite beer), and get ready for the game!

7 comments:

  1. This looks delish and super easy! I also LOVE avocado and can probably live off of them as well. I think I'll have to whip this up for our NFL Sunday Funday this weekend! :)

    PS - The Carolina v. LSU game is going to be one hell of a matchup! GO COCKS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Thank you for sharing I can't wait to make this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks heavenly!! Will be a must try this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i make this all the time, but have never
    heard it called cowboy salsa
    love it
    brett

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks amazing. I am obsessed with avocado.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Made this for a veteran I used to volunteer with and he loved it. I did leave out the beans because he's not a big fan and he said it was delicious :)

    ReplyDelete