Friday, August 03, 2012

farewell

It has finally hit me that I am moving. Although I've had my apartment packed since last weekend, my routine remained the same. But these last few days have just been different. I am no longer making future plans here, my days at work are coming to an end, and I've been trying to fill every last second here celebrating with the people I love. It's no secret, Charlotte wasn't even on the map of options for me post-graduation. Nevertheless, Charlotte is exactly where I ended up.

After graduation when I had moved back in with my parents, I started having anxiety and stress from the transition and the new beginnings. On a random, late and sleepless night, I was channel flipping, and perfectly landed on Joel Osteen at the moment he said, "This is obviously where God wants me to be, I am not going to wish it away." It was at that moment I stopped feeling sorry for myself and changed my attitude.

And this chapter...
it was pretty wonderful.

I have loved working at Premier, it's so much of why I stayed here in the first place. I've felt such an incredible amount of love and support these past few days from this company and the friends I've made along the way, it's made the goodbyes really hard.

...I've learned what it really means to work my ass off, budget, pay all of my own bills,and  step way outside of my comfort zone.

...I've realized trying to be perfect is so overrated. People tend to inform you about the moment they started liking you as they are saying goodbye to you, and 9 times out of 10 it's during a moment you were completely inappropriate.

...I've learned the importance of not limiting yourself on who you open your heart to because you're sure to miss out on amazing friendships if you do.
For so long I focused on wanting to be with B that I almost missed my purpose for being here.
I needed this time, I needed to be back here, and I needed these experiences, because they have prepared me for what's next. So here's to new experiences and new lessons to learn...
My dear friends, today is my last day at work, tomorrow is last minute packing day, and Sunday morning we hit the road with the farewell to Carolina box my team made for my travels. I will catch you all in DC.
Until next time.

21 comments:

  1. Keep up the blog when you move to DC! We get up to the NOVA area a lot so I might look you up!
    Travel safely!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moving away from what you know can be so tough! I moved from Nashville to Washington state 2 and a half years ago because my husband is Air Force and it wasn't easy. But the good news is that you will make your new place home, you will make great memories there, and you can always go back to visit whenever you start to really miss it. I may not like the place we got stationed at very much, but I am so thankful that we are getting the opportunity to travel and see new things. Best of luck on your move and your new life in DC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck with your transitions! I know you'll have a wonderful time in DC and make so many wonderful memories there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Safe trip!!! Enjoy setting up your new place with Ben!! Let's plan a meet-up when we move out there soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe! I will be thinking about you as you make this big transition to begin your life living together as Mr. and Mrs. :) I know God has an amazing plan for you in DC and as scary as the unknown may be - I am SURE it will be wonderful. In college I was really upset about a situation in my life and scared of the future. A good friend gave me a wonderful piece of advice. He said "Whitney, God isn't going to give you a steak and then give you a hamburger". Jordan, I know your DC steak is going to be wonderful! :) Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with the actual move. Can't wait to hear all about your adventures in DC!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't lived at home in years, but I have always been within a day's drive. When we packed up the truck in Atlanta for the drive to NY, I balled like a baby. I was completely surprised at how emotional I felt moving so far away.

    I loved living in D.C and miss the city like crazy. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That box! The sundrop and cheerwine... you'll miss more than you know! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your words again are serving as inspiration to me. I have to move back home but where I want to be is anywhere but there and I have totally been fighting it. You just make sense of it all in a way I can't seem to on my own.
    Have a safe trip and enjoy it! Can't wait to read about your new adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a sweet post and so inspiring. I'm so happy for you and your move and wish you the best of luck! It's so weird when you start finally feeling like a grown up and realize you didn't even notice but you are all of a sudden living your future rather than looking forward to it. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww, what a bittersweet, thoughtful post! I'm sure this week has been just that for you. I'm so glad I got to meet you once while you were still down here & I'll definitely remain a reader and follow you on the blog (and Twitter :) Best of luck in your move!!! So glad you get to be with your hubby full time now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Blessings on you as you start the next chapter. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Going to miss you oh so much, but beyond excited for this new chapter to begin for you. So true, you are everyehere at one point in time for a specific reason and only until we have to get and go will we understand. I for one can say you were here for me now more than you'll ever know! Good luck, Jordan! You are going to bring so much beauty and love wherever the wind takes you :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved this :) and that farewell NC basket looks awesome. You are such a strong and wise woman, and I know you will love being in DC with your hubby. Safe travels and good luck this weekend! ;)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Farewell to Carolina makes me sad but I'm living proof that you can live thousands of miles away and still be a Carolina girl at heart! So excited for you and Ben and your new life together. You will absolutely love your time in DC and I can't wait to hear where you get orders to next! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this post! Living in the moment is so important yet often, so hard to do. Safe travels and best wishes as you start this new chapter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. How sweet :) New adventures await you my dear! Safe travels and I can't wait to read about your new chapter in life with the hubby :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. My heart is so happy for you! I can't wait to here about all the wonderful things you get to experience now & this new chapter with Ben!

    ReplyDelete
  19. good luck to you and the mr in your new chapter of life
    was just in dc two weekends ago and it is such a great city
    looking forward to seeing what happens here on the old blog once you get settled into your new life!
    brett

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love that last picture with your Carolina box. SUPER CRAZY jealous of your Cheerwine hidden in there. Every single time I go to the grocery store up here, I desperately search for it to no avail. Can't wait to see you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  21. I, too, have found so often that I live my life just wanting what's NEXT. And not that next is so bad, it's just that in wanting what's next, i'm usually wishing away what God has planned for me in the here and now. I'm so glad you had this time in Charlotte-- to learn about the real world, to learn what it feels like to miss your husband, etc. etc. I'm so excited for what is NEXT for you guys and I will for sure be following along through your blog :) Hope our paths cross one day!!

    ReplyDelete