Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Taco Pie

Coming to you is another semi-homemade recipe we grew up eating. 
What you need:
Taco Seasoning
Pie Crust (I used Pillsbury Pie Crust)
1 lb. Lean Ground Beef or Ground Venison
(and the fixings...lettuce, tomato, ect.)
Cook up the meat on the stove. Once it's been cooked, drain whatever juice is in the meat. I prefer using venison because there is usually almost no grease to drain. If you do not drain some of these juice, the pie will become soggy.
Next add the Taco Seasoning and 1/2 water. (The packet says 3/4 but I use a little less) 
Let the meat simmer for about 5 minutes, then stand for about 5 minutes. 
In the meantime, roll out the bottom layer of pie crust into your pie pan. 
Then add the meat to your pie and finish with the top layer of pie crust over the meat.
Trim off the excess crust from the sides, pinch together, and cut vent holes in the center. 
Bake at 425 for 20 minutes. 
Let cool and serve with the all the fixings.
Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. This looks DELISH and so easy! Probably going to try this next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, this looks unbelievable. I make an "enchilada pie" similar to this, but i layer tortillas in it. I love the idea of using an actual pie crust!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks really good. I can't believe you are brave enough to cook in a white dress. I'm a mess when I cook and could never pull that off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a go-to-meal at my house - only difference is that I put a layer of cheese slices on the meat before I put the top crust on. Cheesy goodness!

    ReplyDelete