Monday, July 16, 2012

sit. stay. drink

I am in Noda again for the next few days pet sitting for my friends while they are on vacation. My mom and brother stopped by for dinner on Saturday and I was able to show them around the 2 mile Noda strip. 
[Necklace: New York & Company, Shirt: Forever 21, Shorts: Victoria Secret, Shoes: Target]

Amiles, Cabo Fish Taco, and the Dog Bar were a must!
Coolest chandelier ever!

However, of all the fun, the Dog Bar was such a hit with the family. The concept absolutely blew them away and reminded my brother and I of the laid back beach bars on Wrightsville Beach. We didn't have the pups with us, but we had to stop in regardless. Upon arrival we were greeted by the Welcome Committee, aka the dogs. Guests and pups alike can keep cool outdoors with overhead misters above grass area or step inside for to escape from the sunshine. While the Dog Bar doesn't serve food, you are more than welcome to bring in your own!
For those of you with pups, would you consider taking your babies to a bar bar like this?

18 comments:

  1. Amelies and Cabo Fish Taco are two of my favorite places in Charlotte, EVER. So fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The concept is great and I love that the owner's dogs are there. However, not everyone is a great pet owner and understands their dog's limitations. I know my little brown Charlie Buckles isn't so kind with strange dogs, so I don't expose him to those situations. And some people don't know how to introduce themselves to strange pets, and that can get ugly quickly. That said, I love places like this and anything dog friendly. I just probably wouldn't take my dog there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a cool idea! I would love to take my dogs to one of those. Unfortunately the Pacific NW isn't that cool and will probably never get one! I can keep on hoping though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun is this! I'd love to take my little Shelby to a restaurant that welcomed dogs! Since having a dog, I've learned just how NOT pet friendly lots of places are!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would def take my dogs there! ~ also, I've been reading your blog for a little while now, and I'm so encouraged how you make a point to have a good time every weekend! (or at least it seems so :) Thanks for being inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annie that was so sweet!!! It made my day!

      Delete
  6. I love NODA! It's fun and laid back and you can find such great food.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rylie would love that!!!! Shame it's so far.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our poor Bosco would HATE that place and all the new doggies, Fiona would be absolutely indifferent, but I think Jonesie Boy would LOVE to go to a place like that.
    Side note: Your momma is one gorgeous lady!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh! How great is this place?? Sierra would LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to have a dog friendly bar in our area. We took our husky Asha to D.C this weekend, and it was a drag to not be able to go inside any stores or restaurants. I think it sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just tried Amelies and Cabo Fish Taco for the first time last weekend! NoDa is such a neat area! I have some friends who love the Dog Bar; I'll definitely consider it when I get a pup!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sounds fun, but my pups are so rambunctious I don't think I'd be able to relax. Anyway, they're a little young for the bar scene ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. We've totally taken Cali there. With a group of friends with their dogs. It was super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ps. There's a dog bar going in in Cornelius by the ABC store. Should open in August sometime. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love it! looks like you had so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete