Thursday, July 26, 2012

Dishing over Dish

For my last two weeks in Charlotte I've had one major priority.
Food.
Food.
Food!
Seriously Charlotte has some of my favorite restaurants. The other evening I took a friend who just moved to that area to a staple of mine, Dish.
It's one of the healthiest restaurants I know...NOT.
It's southern, country cooking and I can confidently say it's a favorite with many locals. The first time I ever had the pleasure of eating at Dish I was sick and in NO mood to go out. Upon arrival the bartender noticed my sickly condition and served me up a hot toddy. I left the restaurant feeling in much higher spirits, like when you leave from a weekend at your grandparent's house. 
The other day when I suggested an evening full of carbs, Katie responded as well as I could have hoped. We devoured my favorite appetizer on the menu, Parmesan Potato Poppers (with parm peppercorn sauce, of course!) and both ordered the Salmon Patties for our main course. 

If those delicious deviled eggs don't have you convinced, Dish was also featured on Food Network's Diners, Drive-In's, and Dives. (See here.)

11 comments:

  1. My fiance and I are relocating to Charlotte from Vermont. I love reading about your favorite restaurants! I am making a list to try when I get there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i must check this place out! It looks too crazy good to ignore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maxann I will gladly accompany you!

      Delete
  3. Wow that looks awesome! (I love "triple d"! They always go to best places!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. man! we have the saaaame favorite restaurants that we have on rotation. we've GOT to try dish! i've heard too many great things about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love Dish! Their chicken and dumplings are my favorite! Oh and the biscuit and deviled eggs are so good. Southern comfort food at its best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel that way about Baton Rouge and NOLA. I have so many places I want to hit up when I get there.!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you will have to go to Landmark Diner before you leave
    it was also featured on the triple d.
    the dessert case is to die for!
    brett

    ReplyDelete
  8. So it looks like I'll be spending my Labor Day weekend in Charleston with my boyfriend and I was looking for some suggestions of where we should stay (he's stationed in Beaufort but we don't want to stay there) and what things we need to do in the 3.5 days I'm there

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't been there yet, but it's on my list of restaurants to visit. And it's not that far from my house, really. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It contains truly information. Your website is very useful. Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to more! Great visualization and unique informative article indeed.

    ReplyDelete