Friday, June 22, 2012

wooded area

One of the perks to working in Workplace Resources for a company is that you get dibs on trashed items. Like wooden pallets for example....
After browsing Pinterest, I found the perfect place for a wooden pallet to go. 

In my bedroom.

When I first moved into my apartment I wanted to keep my bedroom crisp, fresh, and simple. A few weeks ago when B was on leave, I had him stop by my office and pick up this pallet that I could not carry or fit into my car. He cleaned it up, sanded it a bit and assembled it against the wall behind my bed.     

Since this is a temporary home for me, we decided not to attach it to the wall for the time being.
Instead, we placed stick felt pads on the headboard to prevent it from scratching the wall and placed it behind the mattress and on top of the box spring. 
The new headboard is the perfect focal piece for my room and adds a slight rustic atmosphere that makes it even more inviting. 

23 comments:

  1. I have the same comforter- LOVE! Where did you get your white pillow!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been eyeing that style headboard FOREVER! So jealous you actually got to put it together and make it super cute! We have tons of those pallets around our farm in MD, so once I get a bigger apartment, I may be attempting this too! :) PS- Your comforter and pillows are beautiful! love it all together

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! Now, I knowww I've been MIA when I'm just now catching up on the wedding and this darling new look! LOVE the design - too too cute. I realize just how much I miss being a frequent visitor. That will change - promise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this really is gorgeous! love it with the tan pillows too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks so great! I have that duvet cover on our bed :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great duvet, where is it from?

      Delete
    2. I got it at Stein Mart! Not sure what the brand was though...

      Delete
  6. WOW! I would have never thought of such a thing! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, I absolutely love this! Thank you SO much for sharing. Its SUCH a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE IT!! And will be stealing it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's so cool. And I love your comforter, where is it from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't remember what the brand was, but I got it from Stein Mart!

      Delete
  10. LOVE! Reminds me of my picket fence headboard my mom and I whitewashed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a cool idea and a great showcase of just how cool Pinterest projects can be in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  12. very cute
    husband and did a similar thing when we first go married with an iron gate
    brett

    ReplyDelete