Monday, June 11, 2012

scenes from this weekend

My husband came to visit this weekend for a unique activity that unfortunately didn't work out. Never the less, the weekend was so beautiful, it was a requirement to enjoy it outdoors. I started of my morning at the pool with a book, while lovey watched Act of Valor.
After the movie finished, we got ready for a day full of adventures. 
First stop was the Billy Graham library. We had planned on going last year around Christmas, but our schedules didn't match up. Pictures do not do this place justice, the barn is even more breath taking in person. The library was so much more than we both expected it to be. It left much to meditate over. 
After re-hydrating with milkshakes and lemonades to-go at the Dairy Barn, we headed outdoors to tour the gardens and then onto our next adventure. 
Swooning over my new arm party! Michael Kors gifted from the hubby and my new cross from the BG Library store. 
We met up with some of our friends at Pinky's Westside Grill for dinner. It was my first time and the view, food, and cocktail selection are unbeatable...and the price, SUPER CHEAP! 
A must eat in Charlotte, in my opinion. 
After dinner, we all headed just up the street into Uptown for Shakespeare at the Green, where we watch the play the Tempest. My sweet husband is such a trooper when it comes to my random dates. At least they keep us well-rounded.
 The weather and the company on Saturday could not have been more enjoyable. There really is nothing better than being married to your best friend!

17 comments:

  1. it sounds and looks amazing! i love all your photos x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What play did you see, and more importantly, WHERE did you get that hat??? Too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love Pinkys too. Their totally eclectric menu is crazy and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How in the world did you do ALL that in ONE weekend?! So FUN! You two are so stinkin cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun weekend! Your date ideas sound like mine...and my husband is equally understanding, although he doesn't waste and opportunity to tease me for it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh you guys always do the most fun stuff, I don't know how you have the time! Also the first sentence about your "husband" coming to visit...still getting used to reading that and my heart melted : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I randomly found your blog and have very much enjoyed catching up on a OCS, TBS, marriage story that is so similar, yet still wonderfully different from my own.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a perfect weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a great weekend! I absolutely love your watch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing such darling pictures, I am glad you both had fun! I hope you had a great weekend and have a wonderful Monday.

    Toodles,
    Twirling Clare
    http://twirlingclare.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun weekend! You inspire me to A) DO things on the weekends and B) take pictures of them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So envious of your arm party! Putting Pinky's on my to-visit list now. Glad you are loving married life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love those bracelets! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your Michael Kors watch and you two look so cute together

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your bracelets! Sounds like you had a fabulous weekend - being married to your best friend is pretty awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. How great is it to call that man your husband!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh.
    My.
    GAH !!!!

    I have been drooling over the MK rose gold watch for quite some time; but I think my little piggy bank is going to want me to go for say ... a Fossil version instead.

    ReplyDelete