Friday, May 25, 2012

Panko-Crusted Salmon

A couple of weeks ago when I was visiting the DC area, B and I had dinner with some friends who were recently relocated to Arlington for a position at the Pentagon. Maryann cooked some of the most delicious Salmon I had ever had, and after 3 million compliments, she kindly handed over the recipe for me to try. 
In a small bowl mix together the 2/3 cups panko crumbs, 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped parsley 1 teaspoon lemon zest, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and pepper.
Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and stir until crumbs are moist.

Place the Salmon fillets in a board and season with salt and pepper. Generously brush the top of the fillets with Dijon mustard. Press the panko mixture on top of the fillets.

In a cast iron skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil over medium heat until oil is hot. Add the salmon fillets and let sear for 3 minutes. Next, transfer the iron skillet to an oven that has been preheated to 425 for about 5 minutes, or until panko starts to brown. Remove from oven and cover with aluminum foil for 10 minutes.
(No photos of this step, because I about caught my apartment on fire for a minute. I swear it's super easy, I just wasn't paying attention.)

Serve with a squeeze a little lemon on top for flavor and add sides...
B's sides of choice are always mashed potatoes and green beans.
My side of choice is wine. 
Enjoy! 

8 comments:

  1. Wow, this looks amazing!! I am pinning this now to try next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really good.
    I love your placemats. Did you buy them with the detailing on them or did you have it added?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum and so easy! I pinned it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so yummy! I am always hesitant to cook fish for some reason but this looks easy and fool proof! BTW- Love seeing Jordan Cole!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks good! I will definitely be trying this recipe...and yes a side of wine is essential :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks delicious...need to try it out one day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I swear I thought that first pic was from some magazine! so professional! And yum. I will definitely be making this for the hubs....I'm not a seafood lover{horrible I know} but he loves it....I'll just have the wine ;)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Umm, that looks yummy. I just pinned it! :oP

    ReplyDelete