Friday, March 30, 2012

the venue

We booked our venue! 
Just a peek for now, friends...
Gorgeous, even on a rainy day!
Remember when I told you I was going to look at venues? This is the quaint little plantation house that we I have selected! You see, B was in the field, and I was suddenly put into a position where I had to make the decision without him, including our date. It was a big commitment and I wasn't sure it would be sensible with our futures in such uncertainty.
Duty stations? MOS school? Trainings? His unit? Could he be deployed by then?
I know, I don't know much about being a wife in the military yet, but I have learned that making plans that far in advance really isn't reality in the military world. As B always says to me, "My Darling, you are about as flexible as a piece of steel." Needless to say, it's going to be a learning process for me.
After stressing the entire week over how he may react, I was excited to find that he felt the same way I did about the location and supported my decision. The venue is tucked away in a quiet, un-hurried country haven, exuding southern charm- the Charleston I grew up knowing and loving. The biggest factor in our decision is that we see ourselves saying "I Do" in front of our family and friends, and that was really all the confirmation we needed. Cannot wait!
Let's hope the Marine Corps agrees with the date we booked it for...

19 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!! I hope you're able to hang on to your date! Just remember the anniversary really doesn't matter, it's that you'll be married that counts! Hubs and I had to change our date two or three times....and in the end, we couldn't care less! :-) Enjoy the planning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful! We never had to change our date, but it was definitely a bit stressful. I hope the Marine Corps cooperates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so gorgeous! I bet it's going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember trying to book a venue for our wedding too! It was very stressful, also because he was on the other side of the country and his leave couldn't be final until the month before the wedding! I had to make deals with the people I was working with so if he got deployed or something we would be able to get our deposit back. It worked and everyone was really nice about it. In the end, everything worked out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Feels very YOU. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's lovely! Praying everything works out with the date. You have good training for being a military wife and you will learn to roll with the punches in time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a beautiful venue. So quaint and classy. I love the idea of having a plantation wedding :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! We had to schedule our wedding around leave that Mr. F already had planned and opening game day for the SF Giants....Never thought I'd get married in April but in the end it doesn't really matter. You will have an amazing celebration anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so beautiful! I hope it all works out for you!

    Allyson
    http://cupcakescandycanes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh...it's gorgeous!! You guys did good *thumbs up* hahah

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh dear lord....I want to marry that house.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How beautiful! I love how beautiful and southern it looks. I LOVE porches! This will look beautiful at night! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the low-key southern charm! Still has the right amount of youth and class, though too!

    And so excited I won! :) Looking forward to your email with the details!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am SO SUPER EXCITED for you and B!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Seriously, how incredible is this place?! Breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete