Wednesday, March 21, 2012

hustlers

Happy springtime everyone! 
The weather here in Charlotte has been fantastic! 
It's been warm with those 15 minute evening showers to cool off the day.
These warmer temps have me feeling adventurous and wanting to get outdoors
...so I signed up for a Kickball team at work!
[Shirt: Old Navy, Sweater: H&M, Belt: H&M, Purse: Steve Madden, Jeans: Target, Bangles: Assortment, Shoes: Marshall's]

Our team, The Hustlers, had their first game last night. The team name came to pass after we realized we were constantly yelling hustle to one another like we were parents yelling at our kids. 
When I was originally asked to join the team, I was just not digging the idea. I am not the most athletic individual and I have a slight fear for baseball fields, but in the effort to not be a total wet blanket, I said yes. I believe my fear stemmed from when I played "co-ed" T-ball, except that it wasn't co-ed at all. I was the only girl and I was horrible. The same thing happened to be on my "co-ed" soccer team. Not fair if you ask me. But this time, I was playing with my favorite work friends on a truly co-ed team and we had a great time. Oh, and WE WON!

So, here's to taking chances this spring, big and small!

16 comments:

  1. Your outfit looks just perfect on you -- it's styled perfectly! And kickball? Oh Lordy... I played kickball with my favorite co-workers when I lived in San Diego. It was SO fun! But man if I didn't get a calf cramp every time I ran the bases. Hahaha!!! Out of shape much?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too cute. That is so awesome you are on a kickball team. See you tonight, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bag, love the shoes, love everything... you're so stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. Did you get a new camera? These pics are so clear and bright!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you! I'm athletic, but I don't think I would do it...I like individual sports like running....lol. Oh, and I love your outfit btw. so chic
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute ripped up jeans! I've seen this trend around a lot, but you are keeping it sleek and pretty but they still have the edginess!

    Good for you for playing kickball - sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. People thought I'd lost my mind when I signed up for co-ed softball in 2010. Now I'm on my 4 season with that team and just signed up with a 2nd team. I love it! Enjoy kickball!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This outfit is so cute! It's very springy and you look adorable! On another note, I know you got engaged not too long ago...I hope your wedding planning is off to a good start! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love kickball! I have the same sweater, I LOVE it, perfect for my growing belly too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've always heard about the kickball thing but have never done it.
    Love your outfit. I'm one of the people going to happy hour tonight so thought I would stop by and say hi! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. love this look you have going on
    kickball!!! OMG, I love kickball
    i used to play every summer, so fun
    have a ball
    brett

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love kickball. It is such a fun social sport. Enjoy the wonderful weather =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like fun! I too have a fear of the baseball fields. Not a fan... mostly cuz I got creamed in the face as a kid. Ouchie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving the outfit!! You look so cute :)

    I've done co-ed kickball. You're going to absolutely love it!! Although if it's through work I don't know if it's as much liquid fun as my team was, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your outfit! That is awesome that you joined a fun team. I have been thinking about it lately, maybe I will do it this year. Sounds fun. ps I am a new follower, found your blog and really enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your outfit, espically the sweater and the bag

    ReplyDelete