Thursday, March 22, 2012

Charlotte Bloggers

The evening started out with a "Cheers to internet friends" from the lovely A.Liz Adventures who planned an evening out for Charlotte Blogger's at Aroojis Wine Room.
When I got off work last night, I began stressing about going to this "blogger dinner" I had previously committed to.
Was it going to be awkward? Was I going to be awkward? I practically stalked these ladies, so what would out conversations be like?..."Oh you just got married? Yeah, I knew that already."  
After passing the street where the wine room was located...twice, I was ready to call it a day...and take it as a sign that I wasn't supposed to go. It's not that I have never met bloggers before..just not so many at once. Cutting to the chase, I would have missed one of the best nights I've had in Charlotte since I moved back.
a. total. blast. 
Taking down meeting minutes!
Arooji's has a special on Wednesday nights; tasting of three wines and an appetizer for $14.95. Delicious! 
We wined, dined, and chatted all evening. We went around the table a few times introducing ourselves, talking about other blogs we liked, how we got here to Charlotte, and indulging in other juicy conversations.
Check these ladies out!
[Top from L to R:  KatieAprilAnnieKateSaraMaranLulu]
[Bottom from L to R: Michelle, Christina Sarah, Dee]
We forewarned our waiter of the excessive pictures/cameras on the table...rightfully so.
It was such a joy learning about the ladies behind the blog and spending the evening turning internet friends into real life ones! I cannot wait to do it again!
Have you had a blogger meet up in your area before?

PS. Another blogger meet up of mine! 

24 comments:

  1. Loved meeting you! I'm glad you're in South Charlotte now, because it will make future meet ups easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous! I recognize so many girls whose blogs I read on a daily basis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute Jordan!

    Loved reading all of your thoughts leading up to dinner... and am pretty positive I was the super awkward one last night. I came home and told Bryan that I felt entirely overwhelmed all throughout the night. Haha!! So super fun! Can't wait for the next one!

    PS. Why the hell is there a ghost on me in that last picture? Scary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So jealous! You all look so wonderful and I'm so happy to see the friendships that come out of blogging! So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwh how fun. I wish I would have known about this, I would have loved to come!! Glad y'all had a wonderful time!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i wish there were more greenville bloggers. i was telling kate that i think i'm like one of 3 here. all my blogger meet-ups have been with people that live in a different start or atleast 3 hours away. so glad you had such a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had such a fun evening! I love the picture of you, Kate and Christina - three of my favorite blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh looks like you all had so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. JEALOUS! I wish I would have known about the Charlotte meet up! Oh, and one of my good friends family owns Aroojis! Small world :) Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How much fun! It looks like y'all had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've always wanted to but can never get enough interest here. SUCKS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am SO glad you didn't turn around and go home ... it was a joy to meet you! You are one beaming bride-to-be, and I look forward to more fun get-togethers soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Meet-ups totally scare me!! I'm beyond excited and nervous about going to BlogHer this summer... You look so cute in those pics, love the outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  14. looks like a lot of fun
    i can only imagine the picture taking that took place!!
    brett

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great idea! Now I want to do one here!

    ReplyDelete
  16. looks like a lot of fun and it looks like a great idea

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks like so much fun! I lovee your shirt :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Making a list of goals for your future and your family? Add one right at the top to purchase a life insurance policy. It is one of the best things you can do to provide for your spouse and family in the future. I work with IntelliQuote where you can get started with a free and easy quote online within minutes. Then you can check one thing off that list. http://bit.ly/Hu2ZY7

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the toasting shots, wine in a glass always looks pretty in a photo some how, check out what I mean in this video- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_hob_A9vZo
    its 100 words on Wine from Susiefilms

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the toasting shots, wine in a glass always looks pretty in a photo some how, check out what I mean in this video- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_hob_A9vZo
    its 100 words on Wine from Susiefilms

    ReplyDelete