Friday, February 10, 2012

sweetini

Sweet Tea Vodka first hit shelves in 2008 when a local South Carolina distillery, Firefly, introduced the product to the lowcountry state.
It's quite apparent when I get those winter blues because I begin to revert back to my favorite summer cocktail, Firefly. The other sweet tea vodkas just don't wet my whistle in the same way. I'm fully aware it's just me being biased, but I can't help it. The moment I take that first sip, I imagine the sunshine beating down, laying out on my uncle's sailboat, cruising the intercostal, overlooking Waterfront Park in Charleston.
Sweetini
Firefly with a splash of Sprite and a sugar rim around the glass. 

encouraged made everyone get one last night at happy hour (and reluctantly the boys had one too).

What cocktail take you back to warm temperatures?

8 comments:

  1. I WISH I liked this! But sweet tea and vodka are my top 2 least favorite things lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. nothing trumps sweet tea vodka. Is it too early to have one today?

    ReplyDelete
  3. love sweet tea vodka, I make it just like you do and add a little lemon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love sweet tea vodka! I drink mine the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never heard of this. I need to go investigate the liquor stores and see if they carry Firefly in our area. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This drink sounds delicious! I've never had Firefly before, but I definitely want to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mine is a mojito. It was the first drink I had last year after 5 months of training and will most likely be my first drink after baby F is born! The mint and lime is so fresh and summery. I'll have to try a sweetini too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love a mojito but firefly is my second choice, the peach flavor! I don't think you are bias, while home visiting I asked for sweet tea vodka and water. I took one sip and asked what type it was because it was not good, sure enough, the bartender said it was Jeremiah Weed. He kindly poured me another using Firefly; ) It IS better!

    ReplyDelete