Monday, February 06, 2012

ham and cheese puffs

We have a Superbowl tradition in our family, devouring Ham and Cheese Puffs.
It's one of my favorite savory treats that I only allow myself to indulge in twice a year (Christmastime and Superbowl Sunday). Mommy craved them like crazy when she was pregnant with me so I blame her. 
In typical Superbowl fashion, it's buttery, cheesy, and the second you have one, you are unknowingly shoving them in your mouth until the entire batch is gone. 

What you need:
1/2 cup butter (softened) 
1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated 
1/3 cup ham, finely chopped
1/4 tsp Worcestershire 
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 cup flour

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine butter, cheese, ham, and seasonings together in a bowl and mixed well. Gradually add flour. Shape dough into a ball and place on a baking sheet.
Bake for about 15 minutes. (Makes 40-50 puffs)
Serve on a sharing dish. 
Nothing pretty but super addicting. 
What are your Superbowl traditions? 

*Mom, you know I had to do it. (Love you!)

6 comments:

  1. These look INCREDIBLE! Hope you had a great time celebrating the Superbowl, pretty lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make a version of these at Christmas only I have always used ground sausage
    They are so yum
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM!!! I made pepperoni and mozzarella crescent rolls and lemon cookies for the Super Bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look so YUMMY!! I adore your blog!! My hubby just got out of the Marine Corps.

    ReplyDelete