Monday, January 30, 2012

meat and potatoes

This weekend I received a knock on my front door and found a large bag of dirty laundry with a sweet boyfriend attached to it! After spending the week out in the field, I knew the poor boy was hungry for something a little more tasty than an MRE. I immediately took to the kitchen to whip up something fast and filling. Thankfully my daddy supplied his girl with venison and the perfect recipe when cooking it.
Venison Medallions with a Maple Bourbon Drizzle 
After cutting the tenderloin into medallions, place the meat into a pan that has been turned up to medium heat with a tablespoon of EVOO. 
Sear on each side for 2-3 minutes for a medium-rare center.  
While the venison is cooking, mix your sauce. 
1/3 cup bourbon 
1/3 maple syrup
2 tablespoons ketchup
2 tablespoon Dijon mustard 
After you have finished cooking the meat remove it and place on a serving plate. 
Pour the sauce in the pan and bring to a boil while occasionally stirring. Let simmer for 5 minutes. 
Transfer into a serving bowl. 
Drizzle the maple bourbon sauce over the venison. 
Our sides included cheesy mashed potatoes (the fake kind) and steamed green beans.
Dinner was served with two beers and a big smile on B's face. 
He's such a lucky boy!

10 comments:

  1. That sauce for the beef sounds yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummm, looks tasty!! I've recently started to enjoy venison, the hubby is finallllllly converting me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow - that looks SO good. I wish I could get my hands on some venison! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not only can you blog like a pro, you can cook like one too! Sounds like a lovely weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lucky guy! And it looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is a lucky, lucky one! What a nice gal you are to cook such a feast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Um, that sounds SO yum! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. he IS a lucky boy! my hubby would think he had died and gone to heaven if that is what i served him for dinner tonight ;) all we have on the menu instead is grilled chicken and green beans! this gives me somce good inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum! I just pinnd this to make it later. Your blog is super cute! I'm a new follower. ;)
    Xo,
    Hannah
    www.hannahandbryan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete