Monday, January 23, 2012

the lake house

This weekend we slipped on our party pants, packed up the car, and drove to Summerton, South Carolina for an eventful Streetman gathering to celebrate my aunts birthday. Summerton is a small, country town nestled along the Santee Cooper Lake.
We played a little Cornhole (proudly representing our Gamecock pride).
We enjoyed a few cocktails. 
(The moment I cross the border into South Carolina, my drink of choice instantly becomes Firefly with a splash of water, and a lemon. Obvi.)
We enjoyed a Carolina Lowcountry Oyster Roast.
Y-U-M!
(Thanks boys for opening the oyster for me...like you have my entire life.)
We flew in a little family heritage by celebrating with a  Louisiana-style King Cake...
....and partied like it was Mardi Gras.
The birthday girl!
There is nothing better than family, and I am so blessed to have such a big, loud, and loving one. 
Weekends like this really remind me of that. 

6 comments:

  1. HOW FUN! Those oysters look amazing!!! What a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woooo go Gamecocks! And Cornhole! All and all looks like a terrific time (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like so much fun, and you're right. There really isn't anything better than family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a FABULOUS weekend!! get it with those cocktails!! :) and i LOVE a good king cake -- delish!! xoxo

    ps. i tagged you in a fun little "facts" post on my blog -- be sure to check it out!!
    http://thesadlows.blogspot.com/2012/01/facts-of-life.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love a good oyster roast and being from Louisiana, a king cake is a treat
    looks like a fun weekend
    brett

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like so much fun! I've never had an oyster, but this kinda makes me want to try one haha.

    ReplyDelete