Friday, January 13, 2012

Chocolate Chip-Oreo Cookies

Yesterday after work, I stopped by the store for chocolate chips, oreos and a new issue of Real Simple. I had seen these Chocolate Chip-Oreo Cookies on Pinterest and felt like a little baking therapy last night would do me some good. You know...stirring, mixing, and beating out any aggravation that may have built up throughout the week.
You will need: 
1 stick of soft butter
6 Tablespoons of sugar (I used Splenda)
6 Tablespoons of brown sugar
1 egg 
1/2 vanilla extract 
1 1/4 cup of flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda 
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 Oreo Cookies broken into pieces 
1 cup of chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt. Stir.
In a mixer, combine butter and sugars until well combines. Add egg and vanilla extract until well mixed.
 Slowly add dry ingredients to wet, while continually stirring. 
Add crushed oreos and chocolate chips until combined throughout the batter.
scoop onto a non-stick pan and bake for 7-9 minutes.
I doubled the recipe to share...or at least that was my intention. It's the thought that counts right? 

Worth every decedent bite.
They were great for dessert and breakfast the next day too! 

13 comments:

  1. i am so jealous of your kitchenaid mixer! I def have mixer envy! I have been wanting one since high school...hopefully I can sweet talk my parents into getting me one for my birthday! your cookies looked delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! These look amazing! I will definitely be giving these a try soon. I am going to be thinking about them all day. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM. They look delicious, I have totally been craving a decadent dessert & those might be what I make this weekend. Enjoy those cookies & have a relaxing weekend after your crazy week. You deserve it! Oh, and I love your mixer ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, yum. This makes me want to bake tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh..those look so so so yummy!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. those look so rich and gooey and yummy
    a little insulin on the side??? LOL
    brett

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow those cookies look amazing and easy to make. I tagged you in my blog game if you want to play :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm pretty sure I just gained 5 pounds looking at these... but that's okay, because I'm still going to make them this weekend too! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those look AMAZING! I tagged you on my blog today!! :] Check out my post called Blogger Tag - I can't wait to see what you write!! www.sweetcarolinaqueen.blogspot.com - Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. what in the what??? i totally just repinned these, those look delish!! YUM!

    xoxo
    hillary

    ReplyDelete
  11. And on that note -- I'm making these for a birthday party this week. They look SO flipping yummy.

    Good choice!!

    Bec

    ReplyDelete