Thursday, December 22, 2011

spiked egg nog

The other evening mis padres came over for eggnog and  h'orderves.
On the menu...stuffed mushrooms with spinach and feta cheese and pastry puff pigs in a blanket. We may have set the fire alarm off once or twice during the cooking process. The good news is, B and I are down to a system when it comes to potential fires in my apartment.
 This festive set is a truly vintage piece passed down from my great-grandmother. I just recently warmed up to eggnog, as in last weekend, but how could you not with this little antique?

easy blender eggnog (serves 4)
Combine 2 cups of heavy cream, 1/2 cups of sugar, 1/4 tablespoon nutmeg in a medium sauce pan. Bring to a simmer. 
In a blender, blend 4 large eggs on low for 1 minute. Gradually add hot heavy cream mixture. Blend until frothy (about 30 seconds).
Add 1/4 cup of Captain Morgan spiced rum and blend. Serve warm (or refrigerate and serve chilled).
Garnish with nutmeg.

A delicious masterpiece!
I doubled the recipe, okay tripled it. 


Recipe found in Real Simple Magazine

4 comments:

  1. Love the antique Egg Nog set...makes it even more festive&fun!!!! I knew I had seen that set somewhere before :) Your menu sounds wonderful too!~Aunt Kara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the vintage set! I'm so trying that egg nog recipe. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mm so good!! Merry Christmas, Jordan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mm so good!! Merry Christmas, Jordan!

    ReplyDelete