Friday, December 09, 2011

character

Yesterday evening I was reading a devotional and one sentence stood out to me immeasurably. "Remember that your character is the sum of your habits.

How do your habits reflect your character? 

Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize. 
[1 Corinthians 9:26-27]


My goal next week is to not complain about a single thing. Whether it's traffic, a challenging person, crummy weather, or something just not going my way. Could you imagine the impact that would have on others around me and myself?

Hope you all having a wonderful weekend! I am attending a Christmas party on Saturday hosted by friends from work, and I just might be surprised with a special date to accompany me too!

image: weheartit

5 comments:

  1. Have you read "A Complaint Free World"? It's really powerful, but also really, really great. I've tried to go three months without complaining, but it's tough. I think the longest I've gone is about 10 days, which doesn't seem like a lot, but it felt like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this idea, I think we all complain about the smallest things (and think they are huge) when they really aren't a big deal! I often realize this when I read other blogs where they have lost children, or their loved ones. I will do this with you & not complain next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great goal! I am a total Debbie Downer most days so I think I would have to start with not complaining for 1 day. Let us know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! Glad I read this before I go to bed! This week will be a challenging one in the office & a busy one during the evenings. I'm going to test this out & see how it works out! Thanks for posting it!

    Shayna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the wonderful reminder!! Exactly what I needed to hear! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete