Monday, November 07, 2011

Marine Corps Ball Weekend

Lovey did a great job picking a hotel for the weekend of the Marine Corps Ball. This is something I usually take care of because I don't trust him to pick a place within walking distance of food, shopping and other attractions. Too much research for a man. Not only did we have a breath taking view, we were just blocks away from local restaurants and the convention center.
During our free time, we went on a hunt for historical markers. B and I are history fanatics! Just the thought of standing in a place that's had a dramatic impacted our future is such a surreal feeling. I remember taking B to the Manassas Battlefield when we first started dating and seeing a familiar look in his eyes, it was then I knew we shared the same love for history.
Of course, there was a reason, the reason, why we were in Richmond and that was the Marine Corps Ball. 
A lovely dinner with lovely company. 
See the orbs in this picture? I told B it was his Uncle Richard making his presence known to tell him how proud he is of him. 
 Happy Birthday United States Marine Corps [on November 10th]! I feel so blessed to have relationships with these servicemen/woman and their loved ones who have dedicated their lives to something so much bigger than themselves. 

18 comments:

  1. You look stunning. What a great looking couple :) glad you had a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are gorgeous! I love that dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!! you look amazing, you looked totally elegant and he looked so handsome!! And kudos for him scoring the perfect hotel. :) aaaaand i was totally gonna say something about the orbs in the photo, how neat!!

    xo
    hillary

    ReplyDelete
  4. You two make an amazing couple! I also loved your dress! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was at this ball!!! Small world! You guys look great and I hope you had an amazing time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a terrific weekend! You look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had an amazing time!! Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jordan- LOVE the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You looked amazing! This seems like such a wonderful event!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This makes me miss the Marine Corps Balls! You looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You just make me happy. I'm happy you're my friend. :) Remember, when it gets hard, you are cut out for this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You looked beautiful! I love that dress!

    ReplyDelete