Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Fragapane Phobia

After spending the day scoping out black Friday deals, we spent the evening at the Epicenter bowling and at a dueling piano bar. While I agreed to go to the bar for my birthday, I had one stipulation, I would NOT go up to the piano for a birthday song. If you have ever been to a dueling piano bar, you know what I am talking about. Ever since I can remember I've had birthday anxiety. I think it all started when I was little and I celebrated my birthday at the Hard Rock Cafe in Myrtle Beach. Our waiter called me up in front of the entire restaurant and in sheer embarrassment I refused to go. Nevermind that, he picked up my chair (with me in it) and carried me to the front where everyone proceeded to sing happy birthday.  
[Scarf: H&M, Bracelet: Arm Candy Assortment, Sweater: New York & Company, Tank: Kohl's, Jeans: Forever 21, Boots: Elle]

From that point on, I have had the worst birthday anxiety. The sound of clapping in a restaurant gives me goosebumps. Anyone share this odd phobia with me? 


Linkup up my look with The Pleated Poppy!

13 comments:

  1. I love this outfit!! And I hate going to restaurants on my birthday, I'm always afraid of something embarrssing happening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jordan....all of us in the family have this anxiety!!! Troi. Morgan. Taylor. Myself & I really think Deeds (or Doc) has it too! I am sure Mimi and your Mom just think it is just plain silly! Troi and I are having a long conversation about this and we are already having anxiety about our upcoming birthdays..we think we just don't like all the attention on us!.....anywho Love love your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous outfit, love the colored pants and the leopard scarf! Love that you kept your sweater neutral, but it also has a cool texture! You look great, and Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the leopard, I have some leopard flats I love but I never know what to wear them with. Maybe with red pants like you are wearing, very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh I love that sweater! I am going to have to go check out NY&Co!

    ReplyDelete
  6. whenever i have the b'day thing in a rest/bar they have never ever gotten my name right!!
    everything from betty, beth to brit. lol
    brett

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a similar story, but mine involved a Mexican restaurant and a mariachi band. TRAUMATIZING!

    Side note - I hope I never meet you in person because I will feel like the biggest fatty ever. You have NO thighs... Biatch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this outfit! Especially the scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i need a leopard print scarf... like NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday, beautiful! Love love LOVE this outfit. I wish I could pull off colored pants as fabulously as you do!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This outfit screams fall! Love the pops of color and the leopard print scarf!

    As far as birthday anxiety goes...I don't know that I've even been sung to at a restaurant, much less hauled up on stage while still seated in my chair.

    Not that I'm complaining, mind you. : )

    I'm your newest follower and would love it if you'd stop by for a visit!

    ~Abbie (www.fivedaysfiveways.com)
    Stopping

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice outfit!
    love your sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My primary and secondary school friends know that im fragapane phobia…
    I'm scare that my new friends in college are going to celebrate my birthday…
    My friends thought that im kidding…
    :( im going to skip the whole week classes…

    ReplyDelete