Monday, November 28, 2011

the feast

Hello friends! Hope you all had an enjoyable weekend. I survived cooking our Thanksgiving feast! Even days later, I still haven't been able to wrap my head around the fact that I successfully cooked such a grand supper. 
Oh, and did I mention I am 23 now! In my efforts to always be the hostest with the mostest, my family gifted me this gorgeous two-tiered tea stand and a Christmas apron. 
While I spent the afternoon cooking, the men mounted my brand new 42' HDTV. Typical right? 
The Southern Living Green Bean Casserole was everyone's favorite dish (including mine). And for under 200 calories we didn't feel guilty going up for seconds, or thirds. 
We wrapped up the evening with after dinner drinks and Pumpkin Spiced Coffee Cake, followed by decorating for Christmas and the battling the Black Friday crowds. 
It's such a humbling reminder after such a wonderful weekend with family and friends just how faithful God is and how overwhelming thankful I am. Hoping you had an equally fulfilling Thanksgiving, surrounded by loved ones yelling over each other and entirely too much food. 

7 comments:

  1. Everything looks soooooo yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your food looks delicious! Love your new apron!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm the food looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum!! The food looks so good and yes that is so typical. We had Thanksgiving with friends this year and .. the men didn't help in the kitchen of course ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a wonderful weekend!! lovely photos!! i am going to have to try that green bean casserole -- looks delish!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful spread! I will need to save the green bean casserole recipe for Christmas if it's that amazing and so low cal! Love that! The cranberry orange sauce looks delicious, too!

    Glad to hear your Thanksgiving was so wonderful! :)

    Cheers,
    Christi

    ReplyDelete
  7. http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/pictures/hot-holiday-entertaining-tips-20111111/18414

    Featured in Us Weekly! Very stylish

    ReplyDelete