Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Chicken Piccata

About six years ago I was uptown on a first date that didn't leave the best impression, my meal on the other hand did. Of course my only memory of the dish were the chicken and capers. On B's next trip to Charlotte I had planned on having dinner at the same restaurant, praying that the menu hadn't changed. That was until I cooked Chicken Piccata last night. Upon tasting the sauce, I was reminded of that meal I ate (and still reminisce over) all those years before! I used this recipe from my favorite Italian cook, Giada De Laurentiis. 

 The moment I had my epiphany. Does it surprise anyone the sauce is practically butter? I knew there was a reason I craved it all these years.
Make sure you make enough for seconds because you WILL want them. I cannot wait to make this for dinner when B comes into town, the poor boy will need a home cooked meal by then. 

4 comments:

  1. Yum, yum, yum, yum, yum! Jordan, this looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love chicken piccata! I made it one day for Andrew and we put it over angel hair pasta.. the sauce is a delicious pasta sauce as well because it's so light yet packs so much flavor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love me some chicken piccata! I add lemons to mine.... And serve it over a bed of linguini with homemade alfredo.... Oh it's so good... Now I'm hungry!

    ReplyDelete