Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Own Two Feet

Guess what? This girl is apartment hunting this weekend as I have accepted a permanent position with the company I have been with the past few months!!
[Shirt: TJ Maxx, Bag: Nine West, Belt: Aunt's closet, Skirt: JCrew, Shoes: Guess]
 I'm finally starting to feel settled here, I have reconnected with one of my best friends from high school, a college friend is moving back to Charlotte soon, I'm excited about moving on my own, or maybe with a roommate (I haven't decided yet), but the cool thing is I am making my own money and there is nothing more rewarding than being able to stand on my own two feet. I feel like things have been changing so rapidly post graduation, it's been exhilarating yet scary, and I am so grateful for all of the opportunities I have been given. The first couple of months I spent mad that I ended up back in Charlotte, where I spent most of my life, but tried to remain confident in God's purpose. I feel like it would be a little premature to say I know why I'm here, but what I do know His plans are much bigger than I could possibly imagine (Ephesians 3:20) and that's enough for me.

Speaking of standing on my own two feet, it's extra cute when I am doing it in these loafers. Seriously a fall trend you should consider trying if you haven't already.

Linked my look up with No Model Lady and The Pleated Poppy!! 

18 comments:

  1. Congratulations! And you look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new job!! Such an exciting time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful news. You must have really impressed them in Chicago. Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome news! Congratulations :) growing up is so exciting sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! So happy for you girl! Congrats on your permanent position and getting your own place! There's nothing more amazing than an independent young woman! Working' women unite! Ha! Love those loafers BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the permanent position! And I am lovin' the denim shirt, brings me back to my elementary school days, but of course how you are wearing it is MUCHHH more stylish...

    ReplyDelete
  7. What awesome news!!! I know that when you finally get to step forward and be a grown up it's nerve wracking and exhilarating but hey standing on your own two feet is the best. And you look too dang cute doing it!!! haha Love the outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on all the wonderful things happening for you! And to boot, your legs look rockin' in these pics! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! That is so exciting! And you look darling, as usual. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations, I will most likely be in Charlotte, NC when I graduate too (and I grew up there for some time) so maybe we can connect! I can't wait to be on my own and know that I have my own money and such!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those shoes are killer. Way to rock a professional shoe and still look sexy as all get out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woohooo, awesome! Congrats on the job :) So weird how things seem so annoying at the time, but then looking back He had you right where you were supposed to be!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! Time seems to go slowly when you feel like you're stuck in one place but when an opportunity comes along, you can realize it wasn't all that bad, and the past helps you appreciate where you're at, what you have and where you're going. As always, you're an inspiration! Congrats again! Good luck finding the perfect apartment!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats! Also, this outfit is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You need to come to va and be my stylist! You're seriously too damn cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on the move and job honey. Loving your look and those shoes are fabulous. Happy house hunting. ax

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jordan, I just have to say this post was just what I needed to run into this morning. I picked up my cap and gown yesterday and it hit me, I'm going to be out on my own in a few months. Thanks for being such an uplifting inspiration and always looking on the bright side to encourage your readers to do the same.
    PS- You look Uber cute! :)

    ReplyDelete