Thursday, October 13, 2011

moonshine

For many, when you hear the word moonshine...those fast drivin', trouble makin' country boys from the Dukes of Hazzard come to mind. Since before I can remember the drink has been a symbol for country living. 
I ain't here for a long time, I'm here for a good time. So bring on the sunshine, to hell with the red wine, pour me some moonshine. - George Strait (Here for a Good Time, currently on repeat)
Junior Johnson's Midnight Moon Moonshine is an old family recipe and made with real fruit (see the strawberries floating in the mason jar below?)
We purchased the beverage to celebrate my little brother getting his concealed carry permit. We're feeling slightly redneck around these parts seeing that it's hunting season and all, so why the heck not celebrate by drinking a little moonshine out of mason jars.
I loved it if you can't tell...
I tried it straight up, just like they did in the old days but my wimpy butt couldn't handle it. This stuff will put hair on your chest! We tried the apple pie moonshine which had a cinnamon aroma and taste, perfect for fall. I cannot wait to try it with these seasonal recipes that are much more appealing to my palate. 

16 comments:

  1. Well, yee HAW! I think that's "redneck" for cheers:)

    ~Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it and you siter!
    Miss you already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cutest face ever! I wish I looked that good when I tasted something disgusting. I might need to to check out some of these recipes once I'm off antibiotics :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha that would be my exact same face if I was having that too! The apple pie moonshine sounds tempting though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I spend a few weeks in the country every summer, and this summer I tried apple pie moonshine. It was probably the grossest thing I've ever tried in my entire life! Just the smell made me gag! I'm sure my face looked similar to yours haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hhahaha this made my day. My husband and I LOVE the George Strait song and his dad used to always drink moonshine so it would def be fun to check this out when I'm not pregnant! I love your face when trying it I KNOW that's how I will look haha! Congrats to your brother!

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha that last picture is AMAZING. I love it. Moonshine is SO strong. Hunting season is in full bloom around my parts too. Andrew is threatening to get me hunting gear for my birthday so I will have no choice but to sport my new threads in the hunting stand. Yayyy.... ?

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I was 17, a bunch of girls got drunk off moonshine and went roller skating. It was tragic and hilarious at the same time. The sad part was we all got so hot from acting like fools on skates, we ended up barfing and I vowed never to drink "slosh" again is what we called it. Well, about 2 years ago, Apple Pie came into the picture at a gathering. Needless to say, three shots later it made me lick the pavement literally. I have a "Just Say NO" policy with that stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  9. PS... I am far from 17 add 23 years to that.. I felt like I needed to clarify.lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha! I've never tried moonshine but it's always sounded WAY too strong for me! I do want to try it though, just to say I have :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that face!!! Too Funny! I love how you combine hunting, moonshine, and beauty! So classy & fabulous! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh God that looks frightening. The strongest I've ever tried is Jack Daniel's and I thought my mouth would cease to exist. (Yes, I had it in a country where I was legal in case yall were wondering. haha.) You brave girl!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ya know I've had moonshine a time or two and it knocked me on my backside... and I actually liked the taste! And it was like straight moonshine. I'd like to try some of this flavored stuff. Sounds good! (Please try to look beyond my redneck side, haha).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha, this is great. I have tried moonshin exactly once with the same reaction. It's just too much punch in one drink.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha... I've tried moonshine before. The moonshine I had was legit made by just some guy. I've had strawberry and apple pie. I remember going out with friends one night just passing around a mason jar at a pizza joint... and no one even cared lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mmm I do love me some moonshine. I've never tried this kind, just the homemade stuff! Cute blog! I'm not far from Charlotte!

    ReplyDelete