Monday, October 03, 2011

corny festivities

This weekend the air was cool and crisp making it the perfect fall weather for a Pumpkin Day! I think lovey knew it was coming seeing that this is the only time this month we will be together and he woke up around 9am to me slipping on my new riding boots. Thankfully, I secretly believe he enjoys my themed adventure days. The festivities began with a caffeine boost and people watching at Starbucks. It was my first Chai Tea Latte of the season and sprinkled with cinnamon for optimum autumn flavor.
Afterwards, we spent the afternoon getting lost in a local corn maze at Rural Hill Farm. Their theme for the year was "Let's get Physical," which included the outlines of a runner, biker, and swimmer. From the beginning, I had Mr. Land Nav trying to suck all the fun out of the journey and go all Marine on me. He quickly learned it didn't work that way for this particular adventure. 
We ended up pairing with other groups and left the maze with new friends and the essence of teamwork.
We finished the 2 1/2 mile maze in a little less than an hour and a half. It was a blast, but I don't see us signing up for The Amazing Race anytime soon.
Afterwards, we stopped by the the country store to pick our perfect pumpkin and maybe a candle or two.
By late afternoon we were exhausted so we made one last stop to The Fresh Market and purchased pumpkin beer, pumpkin doughnut holes and pumpkin bread mix for our evening in. With a bowl of Frito Chili Pie in hand, we snuggled up together on the couch and watched movies for the rest of the evening.
What are some fun, festive things you plan on doing this season? 

See last years Pumpkin Day, here!

9 comments:

  1. sounds like such a great autumn day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day! We went to our first corn maze this weekend! It was sooo much fun! Ours was the same length but it took us closer to 2 hours :)

    I must try the Pumpkin Beer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun!! We took my daughter to a pumpkin patch yesterday too and it was soo fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The corn maze looks like SO MUCH FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw that day looks so fun! I wonder if I can get the boy to have a pumpkin day. He did surprise me with a pumpkin spice latte the other day so I guess I'll take what I can get! haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like so much fun! What a great pumpkin day :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. seriously i just said to son2 after seeing the chai tea pictures that we needed to go to starbucks right now lol
    love your pumpkin day and i love pumpkin beer
    brett

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun day! More importantly, however, fun sweater! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just found your blog and it is so cute! I was excited to find another NC girl and look forward to reading more!!

    everydayaem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete