Monday, October 24, 2011

Chicago, Illinois

Hello my dear friends, I have officially returned from the grand city of Chicago. The majority of the week was spent working on-site at one our company's biggest conferences.
 Although exhausted, by the end of the conference we able to squeeze in a few moments to celebrate the hard work that went into planning and executing this event with success. 
On our last day we managed to take an late flight back to Charlotte in order to explore the city for a few short hours. We met up with some of our new friends who quickly turned into unofficial tour guides of downtown Chicago. Take a look at some of our adventures. 
Trump Tower condos for for sale. Going for 2 mil, chump change.
Of course we had to shop along the magnificent mile
We informed our tour guides that lunch needed to be at a local favorite and we ended up at Portillo's...
...followed by drinks at the Signature room on the 97th floor of the Hancock building overlooking this view.
Our last adventure was a narrated Chicago architecture river and lake boat tour. Cruising along the river for the afternoon was absolutely romantic. 
On Lake Michigan. Every time I visit any of the great lakes, it astounds me at how massive they are.
I was practically dragged out of the city by my feet, I felt like there were so many adventures left to discover. However, Jen enticed me with a dinner at The Capital Grille shortly before our flight, perhaps the only reason I agreed to  leave.
The cherry on top of my perfect day was hearing the news of Britney, my college roommate and one of my best friend's, engagement! She's the first one out of the gate and I am so ecstatic to share in all the fun wedding festivities with her and all of our friends! Want to check out their engagement photos? See here! 

6 comments:

  1. I love Chicago!! Looks like yall had a blast exploring the city :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, you hit a bunch of the fun touristy things to do! I love the boat tour - so fun! Unless Dave Matthews is in town...

    My poor husband would cry if he saw that photo of Portillo's. Every single time we go home to Chicago we HAVE to stop at Portillo's at least once for him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks like so much fun! chicago is definitely on my list of places to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. I really need to go to Chicago. It has been on my to do list for forever.

    2. Those are some of the cutest engagement pictures I have ever seen. Congratulations to your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tour guide knew what they were doing if they took you to Portillo's. It almost made me want to go back to Chicago. =) (I lived an hour south of Chicago for a year.)

    Those engagement pictures are super sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you had a great time! My husband's sister lives in Chicago but we've never been. Well, we've had a layover in the airport but that doesn't count! :) XO

    ReplyDelete