Friday, October 14, 2011

cheesy

Last night my aunt made the most delicious treat with a recipe from the ultimate hostest with the mostest, Ina Garten. The Baked Fontina takes 6 minutes to make and is the perfect appetizer for hungry guests. Like when your husband calls to tell you he will be home in 30 for dinner...and that he invited over his co-workers over and their families (or is that too1950's housewife?).Well regardless, for those moments you have a delicious snack to entertain a group and stall dinner a little longer. 
My aunt served the cheese with a baguette, peppers, pears and apples [my favorite]. 
Then again, I could eat just about anything with cheese.

Mouth watering goodness. 

8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh they use to have this at on the border and I was obsessed with it. I wonder if they still have it??! DELISH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks delish
    who doesn't love a good gooey cheesy dish and with apples... the best
    brett

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm.....looks so yummy! Now I need to have a fondue party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mouth is watering! I may have to try this out during football this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you had me at cheese. I totally would have forgotten about pairing apples with it but I bet they tasted amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so good. I am a huge fan of Ina's. Most of her recipes are beyond fattening but totally worth all of the calories!! xo

    ReplyDelete