Monday, October 10, 2011

beautiful places & smiling faces

I am clearly not the best at keeping secrets hidden when it comes to my readers. You all know me too well, and I love it! You guessed correctly, I was in Charleston this past weekend. Ironically, the opportunity presented itself just as I was beginning to think I was long over due for a visit. Nothing beats the smell of Pluff mud and the sound of horse hooves along King Street. 
I captured this sweet boy dancing along King Street to a local musician.  
My cousin and his girlfriend by a secret pineapple fountain tucked behind a narrow alleyway.
Being in Charleston gives me such joy. I can't help but feel at such peace in my native city, it is without a doubt my happy place. Although, more than anything, I enjoy the contagious smiles and sense of  community that is Charleston, it's a unique kind of place that must be seen to comprehend.
I am still winding down after my eventful weekend, sending off my sweetie with enough kisses to last until we next meet, and reflecting over one of the most exciting events in my young life thus far. 
Can you wait just one more day to hear it? 

11 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear your exciting news but am hoping that Ben proposed!!!! Your pictures make me want to visit Charleston!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Kristen above! I hope it's an engagement! haha When you talk about Charleston like that it really makes me want to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Charleston so so much! It is a great feeling being there! I can't wait to hear the big news!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep....I'm waiting to hear wedding bells too.... :-) Can't wait to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh this post makes me want to jump in the car and drive to Charleston right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so want to visit Charleston someday. It looks like a place I could be very happy in. I hear wedding bells as well. Hope you and Ben won't be separated much longer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm pretty sure I can see a glimpse of a ring... =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My fiance was stationed in Charleston (or really Goose Creek) for about a year and a half and I loved it there! I would love to go back and do some more sightseeing, I definitely did not get to do enough, there is just so much to see and never enough time! Can't wait to hear your exciting news, I'm hoping it involves a very special piece of jewelry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well...I zoomed in on a few of your pictures so I *think* I might have an idea of what the big news might be ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. SIGH, I about got teary eyed reading your post! LOL! I sure do miss Charleston.
    I can't wait to hear the news, and am hoping it is what everyone wants it to be! ; )

    and I give up on my google login when posting a comment!

    thelongsinitaly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I see a ring on that finger... : )

    ReplyDelete