Wednesday, September 28, 2011

ritzy + refined

Whenever I slip on a piece of lace clothing [oh, la, la] and pearls, I can't help but feel like the items take me back to feminine elegance from the roaring twenties, similar to Jim Carrey's transformation in The Mask, but in an refined mischievous kind of way, not manic mischievous. More than likely you will find me at work listening to jazz and daydreaming of dancing The Charleston -- wouldn't that be a sight.
[Pearls: Momma's, Top: Forever 21, Necklace: Momma's, Skirt: Loft, Belt: Urban Outfitters, Shoes: Liz Claiborne]

All I need is hat and hosiery to make the complete transformation.

I've linked up with No Model Lady and The Pleated Poppy!

16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous outfit! I could never pull off lace AND a print, but you make everything look good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute outfit! I love the lace top! I've been looking at similar tops, but I haven't had the guts to try them on. You can definitely pull it off! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh!! This is gorgeous!! I love this outfit... so beautiful, elegant, and ladylike!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the outfit, you look gorgeous in it. It all goes so well together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this outfit! The lace &the almost animal print are fabulous together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the lacy top, so cute mixing it with wild animal print =)
    http://shannonolson.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the feminine lace with the edgier animal print
    the detail up the back of the skirt is so great
    super outfit today
    brett

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm obsessed with your skirt! love this outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love this outfit and love your blog. following now :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh sweetie! You look just like Vivian Leigh from Gone with the Wind! Don't believe me: http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1564391680/tt0031381

    And that skirt is the right amount of playful mixed with class!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm loving your outfit as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab outfit. I wouldn't think to put lace and leopard together but now that I see it, I'm thinking, why the heck not?!

    That last post is very pin upish. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. that outfit is fierce. LOVE it., the lace top the animal print pencil skirt. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my, I love this!! The mix of lace w/ animal print... I'd of never thought of it but it looks fab!!

    ReplyDelete