Wednesday, September 07, 2011

a rainy day

Tropical Storm Lee has officially moved through our area, so it's been consistently gloomy with heavy rain the past two days. It caused a slightly stressful commute to work, especially since Charlotte rush hour is hectic in itself, but my nerves and I got through it.
 
[Earrings: Homemade by yours truly, Scarf: Gifted, Mrs. Cole, Oxford: H&M, Raincoat: H&M, Bracelet: Francesca's, Pants: Mossimo Target, Shoes: Cabrizi, Umbrella: Target]

However, the moment I got off work, the clouds opened up and the sun came shining through,
making me feel a little ridiculous in my raincoat and bubble umbrella. I said, "see ya later" to the umbrella, pushed up my sleeves, redirected my mindset to England's year round cooler and sometimes rainy weather, and rocked the look the rest of the evening.

Don't forget to link up with No Model Lady and The Pleated Poppy

16 comments:

  1. I love your style Jordan you are too cute! I want to see your earrings up close!! and I so want to buy a bubble umbrella!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This look is so Audrey Hepburn and you look amazing! I love that all you did was put a few classics together and they look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This look is so classic and fabulous! I love the trench!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always look so pretty with your bangs off your face. Gorg!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your outfit! I'm stopping by from The Pleated Poppy! =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! Fall & Spring are my favorite just because of teh ability to wear great jackets like that one

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that trench & scarf! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Channeling Audrey Hepburn! Classic and fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are too cute! Fabulous outfit....rainy or not :) It never fails, the minute I put on rain boots and walk outside, the sun blares!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! I love the blue skies in the background too! I need to get myself a pretty trench like yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay, you seriously look like you stepped out of a magazine! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i adore your trench
    i so thought it would be the one from BR, but i never would have guessed H&M
    brett

    ReplyDelete