Friday, August 26, 2011

shrimp & grits

I recently purchased Charleston Garlic Cheese Grits from the Farmer's Market and could not wait to make a southern favorite, Shrimp & Grits. For the grit, I followed this recipe on the bag and  then followed this recipe for the shrimp portion of the dish.
Being from Charleston, we are pretty picky when it comes to Shrimp & Grits, and while these may not be a top contender against the chefs in the lowcountry, they would be proud of this amateur cook. A must try for all you southern belles.  
And what is a southern dinner without the appearance of a mason jar holding freshly picked flowers from the garden on the kitchen table?

*If you are a fan, roasted tomatoes would be a delicious addition to this dish. 

10 comments:

  1. Wow hunny what a great recipe. I cannot wait to try it soon. You are the most beautiful chef in the South.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so good. Color is great;lots of flavor. Everyone needs to try shrimp and grits.Perfect for entertaining. I really like them for brunch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a FABULOUS Shrimp & Grits recipe from a Junior League cookbook... I'll have to post it in a What's Cooking Wednesday some time... We did them for Christmas breakfast one time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The foud looks delicious. You have a good quality knife I see.

    Greetings,
    Filip

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks so delicious! I love anything with cheese and garlic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one I could never get my head around, until we visited Hubs mom and dad down in Mt. Pleasant. The shrimp was *so* good and the dish delicious! Looks like you made quite the dish yourself :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of my all time favorite dishes, the only thing that beats it is crawfish etouffe
    brett

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks delicious! I just discovered your blog and I'm hooked! New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This rice cake with peanut butter makes me feel so unsatisfied...

    ReplyDelete