Wednesday, August 10, 2011

poised in pink

[Earrings: The Jewel Box Boutique, Scarf: H&M, Dress: Mossimo for Target, Shoes: Dirty Laundry


I love the neutral color of  this dress, but it was screaming for some color, and my cheery pink wedges were just the touch. After work most days I trade these pink wedges for my new pink Asics. Don't let all this pink fool you though, when I hit the pavement the main thing that keeps me motivated during a run is my unique choice of music.

Current Workout Playlist

Bodies - Drowning Pool 

Let it Rock - Kevin Roudolf & Lil Wayne

Alive - P.O.D

E.T. - Katy Perry (feat. Kayne West)

Remember the Name - Fort Minor 

Dragula - Rob Zombie 

Remember playing sports in high school and getting the instant adrenaline when someone from the other team pissed you off? Some of these songs are so opposite of my personality, but they give me that instant adrenaline feeling, so it works. My boyfriend on the other hand loves this kind of music always. Could you imagine him dragging me to a rock concert? Because he tried. I change up my playlist every couple of weeks because I get bored and unmotivated with the same thing every day. I am always looking for new songs to add to my playlist, what are some of yours?

Link up your looks with The Pleated Poppy!

14 comments:

  1. i really like your hair!

    ♥ Lots of love, Lisette ♥
    Sweetlisette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the house in the background. So. Cute. Is it yours?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I run to the Airborne Cadences. Gets me going every time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great outfit!!

    I run/work out to GirlTalk. Gets me and keeps me going every time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving your scarf! :) I'm visiting from The Pleated Poppy WIWW~
    ~Lisa @ organizedchaos-lisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your outfit! Beautiful scarf and fun shoes! I love seeing other people's playlist. Mine is mix or rap and rock--anything fast to workout to is good, The Black Eyed Peas, T.I. Jay-Z, Chris Brown, Foo Fighters, Coldplay and Dashboard Confessional are just a few.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that scarf! As a side note, I hate generic comments, but I wasn't sure what else to do! I noticed that you are following my little bloggy- I just wanted to let you know that I've had a change of URL and can now be found at http://thehappydayblog.blogspot.com . I've had a couple people ask me why I deleted myself, and am not sure why blogger doesn't redirect! I promise this is not one of those "follow me and I'll follow you back" comments- just wanted to share :) Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love those bright shoes...you look gorgeous!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the scarf choice and the shoes
    perks that little yellow dress right up
    brett

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those pink shoes!! You always look so happy in your pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my gosh, i love how you took a simple, neutral dress and jazzed it up with some amazing color! holy incredible shoes AND calves!! woot woot!!

    here are some good playlist songs to help you run:
    Nneka-Heartbeat (this is a great one it goes at a great pace and ur body can't help but run to it!)
    LMFAO- Party Rock Anthem--i mean, of course cmon! ;D
    Priscilla Renea- Dollhouse--girl power! ;)
    La Roux- Bulletproof
    Beastie Boys- Sabotage
    Flyleaf- Again
    Pat Benatar- Love is a Battlefield
    Faders- No Sleep Tonight
    Phoenix- 1901
    the Temper Trap- Sweet Disposition
    Rob Base & DJ EZ Rock- It Takes Two
    Foo Fighters- Everlong
    The Naked and FAmous- Young Blood
    Water Knot- Big Brother
    Bag Raiders- Shooting Stars - u can't NOT keep moving to this song, like it can be on repeat the whole run..lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh i forgot
    Foster the People- I would do anything for you

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh ya, and Foster the People- Miss You--more upbeat :)

    ReplyDelete