Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Mad Men

I bought this skirt online last winter and it laid much lower than I expected. This caused it to be shoved into the back of my closet until further notice. It was a great bargain and a playful silhouette, so every few months I would try and piece it together. After months of  reworking, I finally created a look by double wrapping the bow around my waist, taking it from the hips to the waist. 
[Shirt: Loft, Necklace: Francesca's, Skirt: Forever 21, Bracelets: Francesca's, Shoes: Steve Madden]

The ladies at work kept mentioning the resemblance of my outfit with the new Mad Man Collection at Banana Republic. I cannot afford any of these pieces, but they are great inspiration for the 60's trend that will be seen everywhere this fall.  
Aren't these looks just timeless?

Link up with No Model Lady and The Pleated Poppy fashionistas!

19 comments:

  1. love it!!! yep you totally captured the Mad Men look. This skirt would also look amazing with a fitted tee tucked in the same way! you look gorg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! I AM SO EXCITED! This is going to be an awesome trend. And you look lovely, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please for Christ sake help this poor boy from Haiti.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just started watching Mad Men, and I'm hooked!! I'm in love with the style and will definitely have to go to Banana Republic very soon!!

    kCa
    magnoliasandmasonjars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH I LOVE that new BR collection!

    And your outfit could definitely be in that lineup :)


    --S.S.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Drooooool!! A Mad Men collection?!? Where have I been!? You look fabulous and probably saved a bundle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so excited for this line, and super excited to have found a fellow blogette who shares my love of all things MadMen! Love your blog, and your style girl!

    ciao for now!

    elle
    itsallvabene.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh, lovely! Love that mauve/blush color paired with the crisp white top. Way to make it work for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yes i agree you are looking very Betty Draper here
    love that skirt and necklace
    brett

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your outfit! The mad men collection at BR is fabulous- i will definitely be getting ideas from that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute, thanks for following, I'm now following you!

    I love the shape of the skirt and J. Crew's fall lineup is so fabulous, I NEED it!

    Miranda
    www.indcfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it--it'll transition nicely from summer to fall.

    ReplyDelete
  13. so glamorous, I love the mad men look- your skirt is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the skirt. Great color.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute! I love the mad men style - so classic!

    ReplyDelete
  16. this outfit is too darling. you definitely pulled the man men look together very well!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super cute! I love the color of that skirt!

    ReplyDelete