Tuesday, August 16, 2011

chameleon

On our weekend trip to the mountains, we were able to squeeze in some hiking and I couldn't have been more thrilled. I enjoy hiking as much as a girly, girly could. I've never been too keen on sweating, and don't even udder the words sleep in a tent without following with blow up mattress and vodka, but I love the beauty and adventure that nature has to offer so I learn to adapt. 
"The steeper the mountain the harder the climb the better view from the finish line." -Unknown
We hiked about 4.3 miles to get to this glorious wonder and it was well worth the incline, tripping over tree roots and sweating through my shirt. 
[Top: Forever 21, Shorts: Nike, Mini Backpack: North Face, Shoes: Asics]

Talk about a 360, but the night before our mountain adventure we got all jazzed up for a wedding.
 
For those of you who were curious, I wore the fascinator I tweeted about to the wedding. I got a few stares and a lot of compliments. It was such a fun little piece and got me thinking, one day when I get hitched, fascinator's will be highly encouraged for guests.

9 comments:

  1. Lucky girl! I have been wanting to go to the mountains so bad to get out of this heat! For some reasons our busy schedules keep dragging me to Florida. Yall look so cute.. both sweaty and all dolled up! Looks like you had a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fascinator! I got married on the 6th, and a girl I work with made one to wear, it was adorable. Looks like a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so much fun. you definitely pulled the fascinator off well, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those mountain views are breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl, as long as you've got the confidence, you can wear anything! You both look absolutely stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the fascinator, wish I could pull one off and look just as cute as you did!

    southernsomedays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously, I want to hike wherever you are! It looks gorgeous! Honestly I want to hike ANYWHERE, but I'm waiting for some Tennessee heat to go away first! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh is that looking glass falls? I got engaged on those granite outcroppings in the distance in your 3rd pic!

    ReplyDelete