Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Best of Both Worlds

I am officially in my second week of working and have embraced business casual to the fullest extent. Business attire was always such a bore, something I threw on for a few hours while I interned and took off the moment I arrived home. Spending the majority of my day and week in the office completely had me reevaluate how I needed to approach my wardrobe. The past few months when shopping, I have tried to only purchase pieces I could wear both at work and on the weekends. I admire a lady that wears business casual on the occasional day off when running messages, it's such a put together, classic look. That wasn't me though, I was at a desk. Nevertheless, going to work feeling chic yet professional has given me that extra bounce to my step. 
[Headband: Forever 21, Shirt: Target, Skirt: Loft, Shoes: Me Too]

There are a large number of well respected women in upper level management where I am employed. These ladies are extremely motivated and hard working, but remain polished by always having their style on point. They are great models for young women like me wanting to make a name for themselves in a man's world, without loosing their femininity. Best of both worlds.

Link up fashionistas with No Model Lady and The Pleated Poppy

12 comments:

  1. You look awesome. I have the problem of looking 'age-appropriate' at work and still feeling professional. I think you struck a great balance here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the skirt...

    http://soliloquyspot.blogspot.com/2011/07/priorities.html

    haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your outfits! Seriously, reading all these blogs today makes me want to go shopping! You look amazing ;) I popped over from wiww.

    -erin
    www.gracefilledblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I look polished and classy, I feel polished and classy! It influences the way I do everything (for the better). You look chic and classic as always and it sounds like your job is going fabulously!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look amazing!! I think it is so true that when you just feel good about how you are looking it brightens your day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great look! I also struggle with not looking old and dowdy (I'm 26) yet professional and chic. I need to find those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice posing, very elegant.

    Greetings,
    Filip

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a great look for the office
    polished and professional without being dowdy or scary
    brett

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your job! That's a great look, and I'm sure that skirt will go with so many things! So cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG girl! I'm swooning over this whole outfit. This is exactly what I would wear to work. I have the same taste in style. You look classic and perfectly pulled together! XO Magan

    ReplyDelete
  11. you look lovely! and chic and confidant! i have that shirt! weeee! i always feel more confidant in heels and being nicely dressed!! get 'em girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How perfect is this outfit! One of the perks to being a teacher (to me, anyway!) is the opportunity to wear fun, but professional outfits. Love.

    ReplyDelete