Monday, August 08, 2011

animal house

Some of my family vacationed here in town this past week. For the longest time I was the only girl in my family, so my aunts were always like sisters to me. Years later, I am no longer the only girl in the family and watching all of my girl cousins grow up over the years has been such a special gift. While they were here we went to one of my favorite animal parks, The Lazy 5 Ranch. I have been going to this ranch for years and each experience is different from the last. Going with children and seeing their excitement and wonder throughout the entire tour is the most fun. You travel in your own vehicle [or on a horse drawn carriage] along a path while viewing and feeding [optional] over 750 animals, read more about it here
[She completely snagged the feeding bucket from us.]
[There were little babies of all species everywhere.]
[The Camel was hardly phased by the goat climbing on him.]
Such a great visit. Is there anything better than family? 

8 comments:

  1. love these photos with all the animals...super cute and fun. i agree with you...there is NOTHING better than family. have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Say what? This might just be the coolest place EVER and I've never heard of it! What would I do without you Miss Jordan? You really have no idea to how much of my "local guide" you are -- haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FUN! I went to a similar place in West Palm Beach expect it was with super wild and crazy animals....imagine an ostrich pecking on your window and a rhino stopping traffic. I'm gonna have to look this place up, you know I'm always up for an adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't begin to describe how lucky you are. I am an only child with no cousins and without parents for many years. Any outing with your family must be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! That is so funny. I am pretty sure my family and I are going to the Lazy 5 this coming weekend! My boyfriend has never been and it was one of my favorite places as a kid!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great! I have always wanted to something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. how much fun!! i love all of those animals. i would be in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the picture with the boy a the deer.

    Greetings,
    Filip

    ReplyDelete