Thursday, July 07, 2011

Quaint Retreat

I will be living at home a little longer than I planned so in the meantime I figured I would create myself a little office space as a retreat to channel my creativity. I was spoiled in college when I had an entire desk to myself, and now that I am back at my parents, the full home + everything from my old apartment doesn't leave me much room. 
I found the perfect nook in the loft upstairs that I turned into my country cottage haven. I used an antique school desk that my grandparents purchased in Oklahoma for their children when they were young. The picture above my desk is a framed photo taken from a family farm in Fredrick, Maryland. It came together well, perfectly homey and perfectly cozy. I've always had a little area for myself to retreat to. When I was in high school, I cleared out a corner of my room, added a little bookshelf and floor pillows to read and relax. If you are able to think outside of the box and utilize the what you have, creating a quaint space for yourself is quite attainable.

4 comments:

  1. you are so sweet, i love that you did this for yourself, we ALL need a little ME space! cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lovely! I have no idea what I am going to do when I have to move home next month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, and you're on Pinterest... LOVE it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your little office nook! And I love that your on Pinterest. I'm your newest follower (and am going to search for you on Pinterest)!

    ReplyDelete