Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Pucker Up

Be the life of any party by making these Jell-O fruit slices! My sweet friend, Reina, sent me this idea a while back and I have been itching to make it them. To makes these, cut lemons (or any citrus fruit) into halves (number depending on the amount you want to make), scoop out the flesh completely and place them into muffin pans. Next make Jell-O, flavor of your choice (I used lemon to keep them realistic) according to the instructions. If you choose to make them with alcohol, replace 1 cup of cold water with 1 cup of cold vodka. Pour the mixture into the lemon rinds. Refrigerate 4 hours (overnight for best results), cut the wedges into halves with a straight edge knife and enjoy! The recipe is simple and the most challenging part is being patient, waiting for them to set.

17 comments:

  1. Okay, that is so cool. I'm going to have to try this myself soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats so cute! I'm have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man- those are super adorable! I can't wait for an opportunity to make these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this! I'll have to try it the next time I host girls night!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This are adorable! I cannot wait to make them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. super cute idea and i hope it is alright if i copy but make my jello with a little hint of vodka!
    brett

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a great idea! I'm not a big fan of Jello shots, but might have to make these next time just to impress people...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute and colorful idea! I can't wait to give this a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOOOH yeah. :) i'm so happy you made themMMMMM! Ps you spelled my name wrong but I SO love you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh! I absolutely love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such an awesome idea! They look delish!

    ReplyDelete
  13. SUCH a CUTE idea!! I need to try this, this summer, how FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an absolutely adorable idea! I just might have to give this a try! Thanks for sharing! I am your newest follower.

    xo

    ReplyDelete