Monday, July 04, 2011

Made in America

Let freedom never perish in your hands. -Joseph Addison 

Happy Independence Day lovelies! I spent the weekend attending local 4th of July festivals, watching fireworks by the water, antique shopping and getting into anything Red, White and Blue. B is getting into town this morning  and this afternoon we're having people over for a little cookout fun. 
The 4th of July has been my favorite holiday since I was a little munchkin, spending it at my grandparents country club. Every time I think about this country and those who serve (spouses & children included), my heart swells with immense pride. I am so incredibly proud to be an American and wake up knowing that I am one of the most blessed people in this world. How could you reflect on that thought and ever take this country for granted? Still not convinced? Watch this video. 

So, tell me, tell me...how did you celebrate this weekend?

5 comments:

  1. Loving the kangaroo! So patriotic:) kidding! It looks like you had a really fun weekend and those fireworks are beautiful. Enjoy the fourth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tenders! Never been but drive by it all the time. Is it good?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picture of the fireworks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. we saw that icee advertised and were trying to figure out what flavor the white was.
    brett

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want a cupcake! and a kangaroo! hahaha, glad you had an awesome Independence Day!

    ReplyDelete